Priceline for the Timid

lwitchel
By lwitchel,
in

Thank you so much, I really learned a lot by reading that.

One question - I only used Priceline once to bid on a Resort in Hilton Head Island - there were no other zones or anything under a Resort level and I think it then let me re-bid using a different dollar amount - is that the norm?

I've been doing this (and improving on my techniques) for about 4 years now. I thought I had every trick covered but reading your article was very useful. I particularly learned a lot from the very well illustrated section on how to optimize one's re-bidding options (I had closed out the server before in order to gain limited extra re-bidding options, but I'd never considered the total mathematical possibilities the way you demonstrate them). The main weakness I have is limited patience... you're guide really exploits the importance of being as calculated as possible. Thanks for the great tips!!!

Hello from Buenos Aires (where you can't use Priceline. . .)

Shea - I've not encountered that situation - I think thereuare can really help on stuff like that. I'm good at explaining things, but he's a lot more savvy on bidding strategy.

Grram - my weakness is patience, so I wrote it as much as a reminder to myself as anyone else. I'm hoping the article becomes a good place to point rookies before they ask for specific bidding strategies here.

Buenos Aires is amazing, even if the hotels don't do Priceline. The best piece of advice I got was from fellow poster LoneStar, who suggested that I leave at least one day between my flight from Iguaz

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]