Priceline Hotel: 3.5* San Diego (Downtown-Harbor Island) Doubletree

niravns
By niravns,
in

Wife and I are planning to take a trip to SD between 12/02 - 12/07. We would surely like to visit the Zoo, a beach and take a day trip to LA. Can you suggest what areas should we focus to stay. We would like to prefer 3-4 star hotel at a reasonable price on hotwire or priceline.

Do you recommend to have a rental car or transit is good?

Do you recommend taking the Safari?

We do not want to go to Sea World or Lego land. Would like to visit Coronado and La Jolla and also take an hour or 2 cruise.

thank you for your help in advance.

Please follow-up your previous Priceline Chicago thread with whatever you ended up doing for that stay... then reply to this thread and we'll have a look at the offer above.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Can you please continue to follow-up your Chicago Hotwire thread with the details (hotel star rating, zone, name, amenities, room rate, etc) of the hotel you purchased so we can edit the topic title accordingly and have that thread be most useful to other users.

Others know the ins/outs of this area better than i do but would think you'll most likely need a car if you intend to do as much sightseeing as it appears. Also, depending upon where you are going in Los Angeles, it is a 2+ hour trip away, which can be a bit much for a day trip... have you thought about a few nites in San Diego and then a few nites in Los Angeles?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thank you for the reply. We do not mind staying a night in LA and might make more sense. But we have our return flight from SD leaving on 7th. I think we might take 4 nights in SD and 1 in LA. Any suggestions on areas I should be looking for hotels? We might also have car for those 5 days so having cheap (or free) parking in hotel will help us as well. We would like to book the trip ASAP.

What are things your would suggest to do in LA? We do not want to go to Disneyland or Universal studios.

Thank you in advance for your advice.

OK we have made the final decission and will be booking 3.5 or 4* in SD from 2nd to 5th (4 nights) and then one night 6th in LA. I am planning to do both the reservation today or tomorrow and trying to use Hotwire and PriceLine.

Can you recommend anything for bidding on Priceline?

Hotwire is showing me following (any guesses?) -

4* - Downtown Harbor Island

4 * - Mission Bay-SHelter Island Area

3.8* - Downtoan -Harbor Island (I think this is Sheraton Suites)

Thanks you in advance.

Please repluy so I can make my reservation.

Here is the additional information you requested -

4* - Downtown Harbor Island -> Non Smoking, Shuttle, Weight, Swimming, Restaurant, Business Center, High Speed Internat and Tennis

3.5* - Downtown -Harbor Island (I think this is Sheraton Suites) -> Shuttle, Weight, Swimming, Restaurant, Business Center, High Speed Internet

Any suggestion on bidding on priceline?

For the San Diego leg of your trip (12/2-12/5, correct?) are you willing to pay more for a 4* vs. a 3.5* OR is your goal the least expensive 3.5* or better for this stay?

What is your maximum bid for this part of your trip?

Let us know the above and we'll suggest suggest a strategy for you to follow.

I just placed a bid for 4* Downtown harbor island for $70 and it came back with askin to rebid at $90. I did not do it but I am looking to increase my price by adding region that does not have 4*? What regions should I add and may be select 3.5* at some point. How do you suggest to proceed?

Please help ASAP so I can make the purchase. I was using the link provided earlier.

Congrats on your success. :)

First-rate deal for this Doubletree property, plus free Doubletree cookies at check-in is always a nice bonus. Hopefully local posters can suggest some alternative parking ideas nearby. Additionally, for your information regarding re-bidding, please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and let us know if you have any questions.

Thank you for sharing your win and please use the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

Enjoy your stay.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]