Priceline Hotel: help with 4* palm springs, CA 4/30-5/2/05

jonas1978
By jonas1978,
in

Hi,

I just happened upon this forum. THis is a great resource, thanks for organizing and adding. I plan to post my bid as soon as I get one...

for palm springs, CA, a 4* hotel, on 4/30-5/2/05, what should be starting bid be?? there are 2 other zones which don't have 4* hotels, so i at least have 2 more chances after my original bid.

thanks for your help!

jonas1978

This is the weekend of the Coachella Valley Music Festival. There may be no availability anywhere in the area through Priceline. Rates are high and choices are limited on Hotwire. Palm Springs Hyatt Suites (a 4*) shows $244 on HW and direct on Hyatt.com: $309 for Saturday, $179 on Sunday.

It's going to be tough. Big weekend with a Saturday night checkin... hope you have a back up reservation, you may need it. Good luck!

The vacation package on Priceline for those dates shows availability at the PS Hyatt, but it is much more expensive than the weekend before or after (Sat-Mon). PD does have resorts, which you could be upgraded to. If you're ok with Palm Desert, then you actually have 3 free rebids (A, A+B, A+C, A+B+C). I don't think you could get this under $125, so if you start there and add $15 or $20 per free rebid, you might get a counter offer to tell you what it's going to take, if it's going to take at all. If no luck, keep an eye on Hotwire and try again every 72 hours.

tried to bid today on priceline. difficult indeed! but worth a try, i guess...

4/30-5/2/05, 2 nights

1st bid $75 4*+resort Palm Springs

2nd bid $90 4*+resort Palm Springs + Indio

3rd bid $120 4*+resort Palm Springs, Indio + Indian Wells/Rancho Mirage

all denied. perhaps i'll try again, maybe with 3*? its very expensive and soldout this weekend (probably due to Coachella Music)

thanks for your help,

jonas1978

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]