Priceline Hotel: 3* South Bend (Mishawaka-Granger) Hyatt Place

Pluto123
By Pluto123,
in

I'm trying to ID a hotel on Hotwire. Dates are Nov. 19 to Nov. 21 (2 nights), looking for 2 adults 2 children in South Bend-Mishawaka area. There is a 2.5* hotel on Hotwire showing amenities of suite, comp breakfast, fitness, pool, business center, hi-speed internet. Any idea what this hotel may be?

Ideally, I would like to get a 3* hotel for $45 or less with free breakfast. Would I be able to find something like that on Priceline?

Thanks.

Ideally, I would like to get a 3* hotel for $45 or less with free breakfast. Would I be able to find something like that on Priceline?

PRICELINE only guarantees double occupancy so you won't be able to ensure accommodations for 2adults/2children, nor will you know beforehand if the hotel offers complimentary breakfast. So you have to decide if you want to pay a little more for the 'known' amenities and accommodations for four people... or if you're willing to risk a room with only one bed and having to pay additional for breakfast (if a complimentary breakfast is not offered by the hotel you win). Even at $5/pp, breakfast for 4 can add an additional $20 on to your 'true' total cost, so you need to decide your risk tolerance and what is most important to you for this stay.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

A property with the suite icon in this zone has not yet been reported to the board, but why not move forward with a PRICELINE strategy rather than try to ID this property since that appears to be the route you're looking to take??

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Please move this thread to the Priceline area.

Here's where I'm at so far. I bid on Priceline starting at $38 per night for a 3* in the Mishawaka zone. It came back asking me to increase my bid by $15. I added the South Bend zone and increased my bid to $42. Still no go. I'm going to wait 24 hours and try increasing my bid.

Thereuare,

Could you please verify that South Bend is not a rebid zone for Mishawaka-Granger? I believe that in Hotwire, it's all one area. But I thought that South Bend was a re-bid zone for Mishawaka-Granger. Either way, if I end up with a hotel in South Bend or Mishawaka, that would be okay. Thanks!

Both Mishawaka-Granger and South Bend have 3* hotels, so South Bend is not a re-bid zone for Mishawaka.

You can of course add South Bend to your bidding, but you could then end up in South Bend, which by definition is not what we define as a 're-bid zone' (which is a zone you can add to bid again but not end up in the newly added zone since it only contains star levels lower than the one you're bidding)

If you're willing to accept either zone a better way to bid this would be:

Select 3* Mishawak...

Bid $xx, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE...

Select 3* South Bend...

Bid $xx, if rejected add Mishawak...

Bid $yy

Note how the first two bids are at the same price ($xx) and then the third bid is at a different price ($yy) which should be higher than $xx. This ensure that you don't end up overbidding for the South Bend zone.

Hope the above makes sense, but if not post back and we'll explain in further detail.

Thank you! I don't use Priceline often. Now I see why South Bend is not a "re-bid zone." I understood that before, but for some reason, it didn't hit me that it wasn't a re-bid zone since I didn't care if I ended up in South Bend. It looks like I could have potentially over bid for South Bend, doing what I did. Thanks for the explanation!

I received the Hyatt Place Mishawaka for $45 for a 3* on Priceline. Dates of stay are Nov. 19-21. I am happy with the outcome, and this hotel is close to where I need to be. This hotel has quite a few positive reviews on Trip Advisor. Thanks for your help! Please close out this thread.

Congratulations on your success!

Glad to see you're happy with the results and this property will work well for your plans.

Thank you for sharing your win with the board.

Enjoy your stay.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]