Hotwire Hotel: 4* Boston (Boston Common-Theatre District) Back Bay Hotel

ras67
By ras67,
in

I've bid up to $135 in basically $5 increments on a 4 star for the Copley area this weekend using all of the free-rebid zones. No luck at all!

I'm suprised since someone else won today with a $125 bid. Any idea why? Or what I should make my next move?

I played around with the 3 stars as well, bidding 80, 90 and 100 without any success. :)

And yes, I used your PRICELINE link to start my bidding each time! :)

I'm suprised since someone else won today with a $125 bid. Any idea why?

Rates are date specific... i didn't see the thread with the $125 win, was it for the same number rooms and the same check-in and check-out date? If not, that could easily explain their acceptance and your rejections, as well as that some hotels don't allow saturday check-ins (although this is much less common given the current state of the economy then a few years back when hotels were able to be a bit more selective)

Is the Copley zone the only one you're willing to accept? HOTWIRE has a 4* hotel in the Boston Common-Theatre District zone for $129/nite with: Boutique, Smoke Free, Fitness, Restaurant, Business, Internet icons.

While this property has not yet been reported to the board, it does show 100% recommended by HOTWIRE users and an excellent Tripadvisor rating of 4.5/5.0 so it would seem to be the quality is quite good, and a good deal for the area given your previous rejections up to $135 for a nearby area.

Your thoughts?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

It was the same date that someone else won, they were staying an extra night, however.

I am just fine with Boston Common/Theatre Dist and I didnt see that one on HOTWIRE yesterday... I'd still like to know what it might be before I book and I'm having a hard time on trip advisor even finding a zone that fits that description so I can check the hotels that might match.

Do you think it might be Nine Zero or Back Bay Hotel?

The Nine Zero isn't in the Boston Common-Theatre District zone so i don't think that is a possible outcome... but the Back Bay Hotel would be a likely outcome among the possibilities. (it's been seen before but without a Boutique icon and in a different zone... but it appears that the zone boundaries may have changed since it was last reported and that this is now in the Boston Common zone)

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Congratulations on your success!

Glad to see you went for it (as the reviews look great) and are happy with the results.

Thank you for using the HOTWIRE link on the board to begin your purchase and sharing your win, helping us update the Hotwire Hotel List for this area.

Have a great stay!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]