Hotwire Hotel: 4* Maui (Kaanapali) Westin

Little Time
By Little Time,
in

We will be two adults staying 5 nights on Maui Feb 20-25, 2011.

Looking for a 4* and have been searching Hotwire for Ka'anapali area.

Recieved a price drop e-mail from Hotwire today. Prices have been around $350 until today when $239 showed up.

Perfect match for the Westin:

Resort, Beachfropnt, Smoke Free, Fitness, Pools, Restaurant, Business center, High Speed Internet, Golf, tennis, Spa, Childrens activities.

Question: There appear to be two Westins in this area. The Westin Ka'anapali Ocean Front Villas and Westin Maui Resort and Spa. Does anyone know which of these two hotels is the Westin that is referenced in this boards Hotwire Hotel List?

Question: I see people achieving better prices recently for the Sheraton and the Hyatt Regency, much closer to their check in date than the 3+ months we still have in front of us. Anyone have any insights on Maui hotel price behavior for this time of year in the past?

My temptation is to wait it out, I'm a bit of a gambler and because we are quite flexible to split up the trip, even to 2 different cities to see a bit more of the island. Thanks in advance if anyone has insights!

The Westin which has been reported to the board thru HOTWIRE has been the Westin Resort and Spa.

For pricing this time of year you can use the Priceline and Hotwire Calendar of Wins to see previous wins reported to the board for this time frame last year (and the years prior)

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know what you decide and how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thank you for the clarification on which Westin and for the calendar of wins. I had not seen that before and it looks helpful.

During Feb 2010 the Hyatt was quite aggressive, a good number of bookings at $120 on Priceline. Priceline looks a bit more active than Hotwire around that time.

I'm going to get a cancelable backup and hang on, $100 per night less on a 5 night trip would be huge.

Will update this post as things develop, and any other ideas on where to be for very nice Maui hotels for 5 nights (do have a car) would be welcomed!

Thanks!

While you have time to lowball whatever price you'd like, i think sub-$100 for a 4* or Resort property this time of year is likely a bit aggressive... $110-$160 (with the sweet spot of $120-$140) would probably be a bit more realistic.

Keep us updated and let us know if we can be of further help along the way.

Good luck and please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your bidding.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 1 month later...

Hi all, still working on this trip and having some trouble trying to identify:

$239

2/20- 2/25 2011

2 adults

On this board the smoke free description seems to indicate Sheraton, but the listing on Hotwire lacks Laundry that is included in the Sheraton description on the board. Match for Westin on the Board except smoke free.

Ameneties Listed:

Resort

Smoke Free Rooms

Fitness Center

Pool(s)

Restaurant(s)

Business Center

High-speed Internet Access

Golf Nearby

Tennis Nearby

Spa Services

Children's Activity Program

Any help would be appreciated! Also, I've seen some great wins (half this price) posted as wins on the Priceline side of this board for the 3.5* Royal Lahaina, wondering if anyone has a comment as far as as comparable quality to these 4*?

My best guess would be the Westin with a new Smoke Free icon (since the property is indeed Smoke Free) but you need to/should be prepared for any of the 4* hotels in this zone.

Are you willing to spend $200+ per nite for this leg of your trip?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Thanks, I am hoping for the Westin actually, and the Hyatt looks quite nice too, but don't really want the Sheraton, unless it was much cheaper.

Yes, I am targeting $150 to $250 as our budget for the right hotel, so the $239 is a bit on the high end of that range. Also, I'm realizing that the taxes and resort fees in Maui are pretty high (unless through Hotwire or priceline there's no resort fees?).

Resort fees, if any, are paid directly to the hotel and are not included in the amount you pay PRICELINE / HOTWIRE.

For the offering above, if you click the CONTINUE button and then look at the bottom of the page in the "know before you go" section you'll see the following:

This hotel typically charges all guests a resort fee regardless of how the room is booked. The hotel collects this fee of about US$ 30 per room per night directly from you, so it won't show in your Hotwire total.

Let us know what you decide and how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Thank you for your help. You were exactly correct, this turned out to be the Westin, with the addition of a new smoke free icon. All of the above amenities were listed at booking.

$239 using the HOTWIRE link from the Better Bidding site, booked today (12/25), for 5 nights arriving 2/20 checking out 2/25.

I'm hopeful I didnt book too early, but wanted to get it handled. Certainly way better than booking direct ($379 per night, so I saved $700)!

As usual, it was a pleasure using this board, and I thank you again for your help!

Congratulations on your success!

Glad to see you received the hotel you were hoping for and that you're happy with the results... we're happy to have helped.

Thank you for sharing your results and using the HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your purchase.

Enjoy your stay.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]