Need Advice RIC to HSV 5/20-5/22

UAB Blazer
By UAB Blazer,
in

Expedia $334

Travelocity $334

Orbitz $336

But Hotwire has a clearance fare for $231. That is a significant saving over the other fares.

I would really like to arrive in HSV before 6:00 pm.

My questions are:

1. Do the Hotwire clearance fares iteneraries come from the list of "regular fares" they display on the other tab on Hotwire? If they do, would the clearance fare come from the very least expensive options on the "regular fares".

2. Is there a trend as to what time departing flights would leave on a Friday? I am not a frequent flyer so I don't know if a 6:05 am or 8:30 pm departure on Friday would be a higher demand ticket. (I would assume Hotwire gives you the less demanded ticket)

3. Does Hotwire have a preference between Northwest and Delta when the prices are the same?

I will be sure to use the boards link when I purchase. Thank you in advance!

Disregard my post above. I booked with Priceline for the 19th-22nd for 204.75 through U.S. Airways. I saved 39%. The published fare is $335.

I just decided to leave a day early.

By the way, US Air did not have the cheapest published fare. Delta and Northwest both had US beat by $5 on their websites.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]