Priceline Hotel: 4* San Francisco (USW) Hilton

kojakny
By kojakny,
in

One room for 2 nights, April 25th through the 27th...

First bid: $75 4* USE

Was offered a rebid in USE for $97 - I declined

Second bid: $85 + USW

Accepted at the Hilton

My first time bidding... I am attending a conference at the Moscone, and the recommended hotel, the Marriott, is at $199 a night. I know I could have done better, but this sure beats standard rates...

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Congratulations on your win and thank you for sharing your results with the rest of the board.

A suggestion on how to have done better would have to bid as follows:

4* USE

4* USW

4* USE and USW

This would have given you a chance to get a hotel in the USW zone at a lower price. Feel free to ask for a bidding strategy before your future bids... we'll be happy to help.

Even though you may have been able to save a few extra dollars, this is still an incredible deal relative to traditional rates.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 2 weeks later...

Kojackny, I am also staying at the Hilton from April 24 - 28, what conference are you attending? I'm attending the Veritas Vision conference at Moscone West. I made my bid almost a month ago, got the Hilton for $75 a night. Before that I had been checking out the rates for the Marriot (through Veritas), they were about $129 a night (when I checked a month ago), but all four nights were not available. So I decided to go through Priceline for a room - glad I did! I see the Marriot is SOLD OUT and they are offering the Argent, not sure of the rates though (you have to call the Argent to book)

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]