Priceline Hotel: 4* Boston (Copley) Colonnade

KRXNLS
By KRXNLS,
in

I'm planning on bidding today for the last night of our stay before flying home Tuesday morning.

I see from previous posts that 4 stars at the airport have been won from betwee $46 to $75.

The Hilton's rates for that night start at $189 and the Hyatts best rate (AAA) is a whopping $256.

When I checked last night, Hotwire had what seems to be the Hyatt for $114.

With 2 rebids available, what would your bidding suggestion be?

I know we have lots of time, but Boston seems very high at that time. I still have to look at the previous 2 nights for Central Boston but we may have an alternative plan which I have to sort out before bidding.

Any help is much appreciated.

Rates are high for this nite, but with plenty of time between now and your stay i would try to shoot low on the first round of bidding. This is how i would bid:

Select 4* Airport.....

Bid $46, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $60, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* Airprot and re-bid zone2...

Bid $65, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $70.

Any questions feel freet to ask. Let us knwo how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Unfortunately, I was unsuccesful up to $70.

Would you recommend going higher and trying again in 72hours or should I assume that Priceline doesn't have inventory for these dates at this time and wait a couple of weeks and then try to repeat todays bid.

Thanks

I thought this one through a bit and our Priceline maximum for the airport would be $90.

This is based on the fact that today's price for a 4 star on Hotwire (Likely the Hyatt - (Amenities, Shuttle, Restaurant,Pool. Fitness) is $104 although it was $114 yesterday and who knows what it will be on Wednesday when I can rebid!!

Anyway, I think I'll also be able to get $10 off as I've never used Hotwire before. So at $104, my rate should be $94 .

I agree it was a good idea to try the lower rates you suggested for the first bid.

Thanks again

Select 4* Airport.....

Bid $46, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $75, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Bid $80, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $85.

If that fails i would try again in 72 hours as follows:

Bid $50, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $70, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Bid $85, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $90.

...or take the offer thru HOTWIRE

Since the above has you take decent sized increases based upon your previosly failed bids, i would be sure to bid them close to 72 hours apart rather than waiting 4-7 days between bids.

Any questions feel free to ask.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Before bidding on Wednesday afternoon, I went to the Hotwire sight and discovered that the $104 rate for 4 star at Logan is now $199!

Based on that, I decided to meld your 2 bidding strategies and go up to $90 on the first bid.

Unfortunately this was rejected.

It's now confirmed that we will be in Boston for 3 nights June 25th 26th and 27th so, in view of the airport failure I decided to go to easy click where I had seen what I believe wass the Holiday Inn Select for $120 per night. As this is cancellable, I thought it would be a good back up for all 3 nights. That was last night, this morning, when I went to book, it is gone!! What is happening in Boston?

I then tried Priceline for 3 nights Downtown and Copley 4 star to $120. No success.

Followed by 2 nights June 25th and 26th also to $120. No Sucess

Then went to a 3 star (copley only (I'm a bit wary of some of the 3 stars downtown but may have to consider that) to $110. No success

The tried Copley and Downtown ! night June 25th Only and was succesful at the Collonade (Last Bid before the $120 was $110) This has mixed reviews and the website rate is $169 so $120 may be high but I'm glad to have 1 night settled. I may try the add a night for the 2nd night in a week or so.

So now I'm looking for the 26th and 27th. We really don't want to move evry day so will probably not worry about the airport for the last night. Our flight out is not untill 11am so we have lots of time to get there from Downtown or Copley.

As I say, our next move will probably be a 3 star . But if you have any ideas for a reasonable cancellable back-up so that we feel confortable sitting back and waiting awhile, that would be wonderful.

We are really trying to keep the rates to $120 .

Thanks

Sorry not to be clearer. Yes the Colonade is still showing as a 4Star and I believe it's still in the Copley Zone though I'm not 100% sure as I was bidding both Copley and Downtown at the 4 star level.

I bid only Copley at the 3star level but was rejected for the 2 nights.

Do you want me to post the winning bid separately?

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]