Hotwire Hotel: 3.5* Indianapolis (Downtown) Crowne Plaza

logan
By logan,
in

I'm looking to book a downtown Indianapolis hotel room on 11-10-10 for two days, and want to avoid University Plaza if possible. Is there any way to rule it out, based upon the star rating and/or the satisfaction rating? Hotwire shows one 4 star hotel currently for $72/night; 80% customer recommendation; and the following amenities: fitness, restaurant,business center, laundry, internet, golf and tennis.

Also listed is a 3* hotel which has a 90% recommendation, and includes suite and breakfast, for $99/night.

Finally, Hotwire lists a3 1/2 star hotel for $69/ night which has an 85% recommendation, and shows no smoking, pool, restaurant, business center and internet.

I would generally be ok with any of these, assuming I can avoid booking the University Plaza, due to its distance from where I'll need to be. Is it possible for me to rule it out as being one of these three selections?

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Best guess is that the 4* you're seeing is the University Plaza... what are the full list of amenities associated with the 3* property? (and we'll look at it as well as the 3.5* offering at the same time)

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

The 3 star property differs from the 4 star property in that it doesn't list restaurant or tennis, but it offers suites, breakfast and swimming, which the 4 star did not. I thought it might be the Embassy Suites, because I don't know of any other hotels downtown offering these amenities, and it fits with the $99/night price. (although I would have guessed it to be at least 3 1/2 stars)

The 3 1/2 star property lists smoke free rooms, fitness, pool, restaurant, business center, and internet. No guess at all on this one.

Thanks for the initial reply. Hopefully, this info will help you to give me some additional direction.

The 3 star property differs from the 4 star property in that it doesn't list restaurant or tennis, but it offers suites, breakfast and swimming, which the 4 star did not.

Please list the amenities associated with this 3* property just as you did above for the 3.5* property and we'll have a look... this makes it much easier for us rather than figuring out "it has this, but not this, and otherwise is the same".

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Thanks.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

The 3.5* property matches previous reports for the Sheraton City Centre so that would be my best geuss for that one. The 3* has not yet been identified and there are a LOT of possibilities... Springhill Suites, Homewood Suites, Staybridge Suites all seem to fit and would be among the likely possibilities (there are likely others too)

Let us know how it goes or if we can be of further help.

I booked the 3 1/2 star property through your HOTWIRE link, and ended up with reservations at the Crowne Plaza. The last time I stayed there the kids were little and we got one of the train car rooms. Should be interesting, and it's close to seminar site I'll be at.

Thanks again for the help. This forum was a lucky find for me, which I intend to share with all my friends.

We're glad you found us too! :)

While not the hotel you were expecting, glad to see you're pleased with the results and this property will work for your needs... and i suppose the real 'win' here is that you successfully avoided the hotel you in the zone you didn't want to receive.

Thank you for using the HOTWIRE link on the board and sharing your results, helping us update the new amenity combination for this property for the Hotwire Hotel List (we have noted that it now looks like and shares the same amenity combination as the Sheraton)

Enjoy your stay.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]