Priceline Hotel: 3* Pittsburgh (East-Monroeville) Courtyard

vb mom
By vb mom,
in

Took two days to win a hotel in Monroeville. Starting bidding on 10/25/10 for 3* in the Pittsburgh Monroeville zone. Here is my bidding process:

1. $45 for Monroeville area, rejected

2. $50 adding West Mifflin area, rejected

3. $53 adding South Side, rejected

4. $55, adding Pittsburgh North, Alleghany, rejected.

Used up all my free rebids and didn't want to drop to 2.5*, so waited the 24 hours.

1. $55 for Monroeville, was offered a free rebid if I bid $70. I did not accept

2. $57 adding West Mifflin, accepted and won the Courtyard Marriott

TA has very good reviews for this property, other than the difficulty in finding it. Hopefully our Garmin will direct us well. We only need a place to sleep, so this should be fine. Sounds like a lot of restaurants are in the area which will be perfect as we will arrive around dinnertime.

Yes, I used the PRICELINE link on BB. :)

Courtyard is located in the business/retail area of Monroeville. The majority of the other hotels in this area are located closer to the PA turnpike interchange. The hotel does sit back off of William Penn Highway and is hard to see. If you are coming from the east (PA Turnpike) you should make left off of William Penn Highway onto Stroschein Road (right after you pass Miracle Mile Shopping Center) and hotel will be on your right. William Penn Highway is a large retail/restaurant area. If you go in either direction from the hotel you will see many restaurants, including many of the chain restaurants.

Courtyard is located in the business/retail area of Monroeville. The majority of the other hotels in this area are located closer to the PA turnpike interchange. The hotel does sit back off of William Penn Highway and is hard to see. If you are coming from the east (PA Turnpike) you should make left off of William Penn Highway onto Stroschein Road (right after you pass Miracle Mile Shopping Center) and hotel will be on your right. William Penn Highway is a large retail/restaurant area. If you go in either direction from the hotel you will see many restaurants, including many of the chain restaurants.

Thanks for the advice. We found it with relative ease. We came in quite late, so your directions were very helpful. I just want to point out to others that you actuallly need to make a right turn onto Monroeville from Stroschein Road. The hotel will then be on your right with signs, albeit low signs. This was a great way to come in. THanks for the suggestion.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]