Priceline Hotel: NYC 5/4-5/8

lpopps
By lpopps,
in

I am traveling to New York from May 4-8 and am having trouble getting a room for less than $200 in MTE, MTW and UM-CPS. I am going to take your suggestion about booking a room at the Beekman as a back up and try again on Priceline as the date gets closer. If I book on EasyClickTravel, am I able to cancel? Thank you. This site has been a tremendous help to me.

Next to the price it will say "available" or "on request"... i just checked and it's currently available for your dates.

If "on request" it means that EasyClickTravel has already sold their allotment but they will contact the hotel to see if they can get additional rooms as their block rate. These requests are not 'confirmed reservations' until you hear back from them... it's supposed to take 48 hours but is currently taking a bit longer than that.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thank you. I feel much better having that as a back up. I read what you said about supply and demand driving the prices, but generally speaking will I have better results if I priceline it further out from the date or closer to the date (like a week prior to leaving)?

You never know, as you don't know how the actual demand is going to be relative to the projected demand... and if you did you'd be a priceless hotel revenue manager.

I don't typically favor waiting to the very last minute for a stay because then if inventory dries up or goes up in price users typically begin to panic and that's when 'foolish' bids and mistakes are made. You can read my thoughts and those of others in SHOULD I BID EARLY or LATE TO ARRIVAL?

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]