Hotwire Hotel: 12/16-19 NMA 4 Star Help

ballen8845
By ballen8845,
in

Trying to figure out the best way to go about booking a girls trip for my roommates and I. We'd need two rooms with two double beds, so I know using priceline isn't recommended. I just had a great experience with it last time (just called the hotel and they said we were already in a double bed room!), that I feel like I'm willing to risk it! We'd like to be in the NMA area - 3.5 or 4 stars. We're just looking for the best deal! Any help/advice would be great! For instance, is it better to book it now or wait until it gets closer to the days?

Thanks!

Welcome to Betterbidding. :)

In terms of double beds and major cities, there is always going to be a degree of risk in terms of using the service for two beds. The hotel might be willing to offer a room with two beds or it may not (depending on policy/availability) or the hotel may charge an upgrade fee if rooms with two beds usually cost more (the Indigo is an example of that.) How many people are in the party?

These dates are slow, so rates are pretty reasonable - what would be your desired budget per night, and what zone/star rating would you be looking to bid for?

Thank you for using the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

There are 8 of us total! It's funny - we've stayed at the Holiday Inn/Hotel Cass and loved it, but I'm not willing to risk it for the Tremont (that doesn't look our style). I'm assuming the stars are so low because of the room size? They had a great free breakfast, computer area, and decor!

I guess 3.5 stars to 4 stars. With the current $50 off Travelocity promo, we can get into the Courtyard Downtown for about $103 with taxes a night. I can't find when the deal expires, so that's making me nervous. In the 3 star ratings is that hotel and Hotel Indigo, but they have a big price difference between their one bed and two bed rooms which is a big red flag for me.

Any thoughts!?!?

I'm seeing the Courtyard for $97 on Travelocity and this would appear to be a rare instance where a room with 4 adults is not showing with extra person fees. Many other hotels in the same price range (Doubletree Mag Mile, Homewood Suites) are showing with significant extra person fees. My other suggestion on Travelocity would be the Residence Inn Downtown on Dearborn - that would be 1 king/1 sofabed, but the rooms would be a 1BR suite and everyone would get breakfast for $120, so a bit over $20 more per night. Mildly better location, as well.

Please use the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

• 3 weeks later...

Okay, I searched Hotwire for 12/16-19, 2 rooms, 6 people and I got an $104 night hotel with these things...

Amenities: Restaurant, Pool, Fitness, Hi-Speed Internet, Business, Spa

The Hotwire board points to The W and says "same as Omni" but Omni's description doesn't include a spa? What am I missing here???

Just read the post before this...looks promising for the W!

• 3 weeks later...

Not sure the stay is going to happen as our college football team is likely to go somewhere warm for a Bowl Game a few weeks later. I am excited though because so many more hotels popped up on Hotwire this week and prices are dropping. Do they continue to drop or eventually start going back up again? Is there a pattern to prices if that makes sense?? Or just going with the flow of business?

It is back on!

I started bidding on Priceline today (Risky I know with 6 people in 2 rooms).

I started at $51 with MP and The Loop Area 4*

I added all the zones without 4* and my last rejected bid was $59.

Either hotel on the "Calendar of Wins" on the dates when we're looking would be good (large hotels with double beds the same price as king beds), so I'm trying to stick to the MP/Loop area.

Looking at Hotwire, we're thinking about what I've identified as Holiday Inn/Hotel Cass, which we've actually stayed at and loved. The rooms was teeny, but the breakfast was so convenient. There's also a Mag Mile 3.5* which I've matched to either the Doubletree or Wyndham on your list at $75 a night which could be nice. I'd like to have things booked before Thanksgiving, so I'll post my results.

And thank you for the direction to information on timing - I'll start reading right now!

Either hotel on the "Calendar of Wins" on the dates when we're looking would be good (large hotels with double beds the same price as king beds), so I'm trying to stick to the MP/Loop area.

Do keep in mind that you could get a different property; a couple of the older and/or boutique properties in the Loop that 1 bed is more likely (the Palmer House, for example, where 2 beds is an upgrade.)

Thank you for using the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]