Priceline Hotel: 3* Buffalo-Niagara Falls (Airport BUF) Millennium Airport

dannon
By dannon,
in

Hi,

So it's been a few months since I have used PRICELINE and BB. Now all November I am travelling around for my conferences in Buffalo,then Detroit, then on to Austin ,then Salt Lake city and Philadelphia and others. So it 'll be a very busy month and lots of PRICELINE purchases-hotels and cars. And thanks again for BB and it's mods and members for this very useful info and their links to PL .So starting off with Buffalo,NY then.

I am looking for a 3* or 2.5* hotel in the BUF airport area. I have seen previous posts for BUF airport and for a 3*-- unanimously you are almost guaranteed to get the Millenium Airport hotel. This hotel has so many bad reviews - that I am scared of staying in it. I mean,is it that bad? Or is it a hit or miss type? Over the years ,PL 3* hotels for me have been really quality hotels and the only bad hotel I ever got on PL in all these years was 2.5* Days Inn in Shreveport. Was my fault though-it had poor ratings and you were guaranteed pretty much you would get it. And it was bad. So,do I see history repeating again? Is the Milllenium acceptable? :)

I can take a chance with 2.5*-but two things. First-Days Inn is a possibility and boy,I would never like to stay in one .Second,always a possibility I will be upgraded to 3* and again guess what ,get the Millenium. A higher chance of upgrade b`cos the Millenium can be gotten very cheap for about $35 based on previous posts. :)

My required dates are 10/29 to 10/31 for 2 nights. So what do I do? What are my options? Thanks for the help. And as always,will be using the PRICELINE link here and will be posting back the bid info.

No worries about the hotel - our fourth trip there is already set for November ($33/night this time, and yes it was boked using the above PRICELINE links), and we don't have any complaints whatsoever. Our first trip there was under a promotional rate direct from the hotel of a 'superior' room for $79/night - I think all it gave us was a 7th floor room, but identical to the others. Last 2 trips, we were on the second floor, back of the hotel which gives you quick & easy access to the parking lot. (We generally ask for a room facing out instead of the courtyard)

Rooms are clean - if you need a fridge, ask for one (they'll deliver if they have one) - internet service is great and speedy, and the only single discomfort was the king-size bed - the shorter sheets just don't seem to tuck under perfectly but otherwise they're very comfy. I use a MagicJack, so I'm usually hunting behind the beds for access to the phone jack and haven't found anything.

It isn't a Hilton, but I'd rate it comparable to most Hampton Inns, Country Inns, and LQ's we've stayed in.

Enjoy your trip!

My required dates are 10/29 to 10/31 for 2 nights. So what do I do? What are my options?

Is anything showing on HOTWIRE that you 'know' is not the Millennium? What is the best rate you're able to find thru conventional booking channels at an acceptable hotel? How 'fussy' of a hotel guest are you and will you be spending a lot of time at the hotel or is it just a place to sleep?

Let us know and we'll advise accordingly.

Thanks for using the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks everyone for the info and help. I had to attend a conference in Buffalo and instead of the 2 days I had mentioned ,I needed to stay only one night on Nov 1st. And by a coincidence,the company that had scheduled the conference had offered us a discounted guest conference rate of $90 at guess where??-- The Millenium !! LOL! :)

The Millenium website had a rate of 110+tax. And there would be a shuttle both from the airport and to the conference place from the Millenium.So I decided to take a chance as I was very confident of getting the Millenium through PRICELINE bidding. And the lowest rates that got the 3* at BUF airport were from $33 and above almost unanimously for the Millenium. I had 2 rebids too. I used PRICELINE through the links here and entered $33 and voila- was accepted on the first bid and the hotel was -as expected the Millenium !! And I saved $60 off the discounted price that I was getting and $80 less than the Millenium website price. :)

Here are the details :

3* Millenium Hotel - BUF airport region

Stay: 11/1/2010 - 11/2/2010 [1 night ]

Your Offer Price Per Room, Per Night: $33.00

Subtotal: $33.00

Taxes & Fees: $12.92

Total Charges*: $45.92

Accepted on first bid-- had 2 rebids.

Probably could have got it for $30 or less as I had rebids plus time , frankly even $50 would have been OK , but $33 was so common for the Millenium with multiple posts that I just entered $33. Thanks to all for the help.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]