Priceline Hotel: So, if I bid on a 3* in Jersey City...

g.costanza
By g.costanza,
in

So, if I bid on a 3* in Jersey City i should get either the Double Tree or Courtyard? I see those on the unofficial list here, but priceline's website has 22 3* hotels in Jersey City. How much should I bid for Nov. 16 thru 20? I actually need a room with 2 queen beds. I'm looking for a clean, safe hotel that is convenient to NYC for under $100/night. We won't have a car.

THANKS!!!!!!!!!

So, if I bid on a 3* in Jersey City i should get either the Double Tree or Courtyard?
No... the hotel lists only contains hotels reported to the board. There could always be others not yet know and/or not yet reported to the board. As well, the star rating you select is the minimum you are willing to accept and your 3* bid could always be upgraded to a higher rated hotel. See the comments at the top of the Priceline Hotel List for additional info.
...but priceline's website has 22 3* hotels in Jersey City.
I don't think so... i'm seeing 5 hotels listed thru the 'retail' version of PRICELINE in Jersey City for your dates.
How much should I bid for Nov. 16 thru 20? I actually need a room with 2 queen beds. I'm looking for a clean, safe hotel that is convenient to NYC for under $100/night.
You can't guarantee a room with two beds when using PRICELINE... all that is guaranteed is a room which accommodates double occupancy, so you could receive a room with only one bed. After you receive a hotel you can call and request a room with two beds, but the may not be able, or willing, to accommodate your request (or can charge an additional fee for a room with two beds). HOTWIRE allows you to search for up to quad occupancy and guarantees sleeping accommodations for everyone you include in your search, but the second 'bed' could be a pullout sofabed, rollaway, etc. Are you more then double occupancy or just want separate beds for two people?

For the area of Jersey City you want to be in (near the PATH train and not along Rte 1&9) i don't think $100 is going to be enough. How do you arrive to the NYC area? (plane, bus, train, etc??)

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Arriving and departing via plane from Newark. This is our first visit to NYC. We are staying in NJ for budget reasons only. We will be relying on public transportation. We'd be happy at a standard hotel (as long as its clean and in a safe area) if it's easy to hop on a bus or train (preferred: faster, no?) and be in the center of manhattan within minutes. Thanks :)

What about the two beds/occupancy issue... how many guests will you be?

If you received a room with only one bed and the hotel was not willing/able to accommodate your request for a room with two beds, with this be acceptable?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]