Priceline Hotel: New York Jun 1 - 4

england66
By england66,
in

Hi,

I'm looking for a hotel in New York for myself. my husband and our 8year son. We are in New York for the Football and are staying at the meadowlands Plaza for the night of the game 31/05/05 and are looking to move to the centre of the city for the 3 days preceding our departure.

I've read nearly every post on this forum, and am overwelmed by the comments and choices available. :)

I'm looking for a 4star hotel with a bar, but I'm not sure what area we need to be looking at :) :o

Please can you help....this is our first time in the US

Thank you

Jo

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Few tihngs first... Priceline only guarantees double occupancy and it's possible, more so in NYC than in other towns across the country, that you could get a room with only one bed (and one that can not accomodate a roll-a-way cot). If you're not willing to accept this risk/possibility than we'll look at other non-Priceline options for you (for instance, HOTWIRE allows users to search for up to quad occupancy).

A bar is not an amenity that you can choose, although most 4* hotels will likely have one on the premises. If not... it's NYC and i can't imagine you being more than a block away from a bar. I'll also add, again, "it's NYC", so get out of the impersonal hotel bar and visit some local establishments that have some character. With an 8 year old you may have to stick with some bar/restaurant type of places that serve food and have 'cocktail table seating' in the bar area (rather than an 'true bar') but the experience will still likely be better than the hotel bar. This is my long winded way of saying that if you're going to accept the double/triple occupancy issue brought about above and use priceline, a bar is not guaranteed, but i don't see it as being too much of an issue given how there are plenty of places to drink everywhere in the city.

To avoid confusion (between days/nites of your stay), i understand your check-in date is May 31... what is your check-out date?

Most 'tourists' choose the MTE, MTW, and UM/CPS zones, but you can read this thread for a better explanation of each area: NEW YORK CITY ZONE DESCRIPTIONS.

Let us know the answers to the above questions, as well as your expected budget, and we'll try to help you find the best deal.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thank you for your reply, our check in date is 01 June 2005 and check out date 04 Jun 05.

We don't really have a budget, I suppose up to $200 a night ? What are the chances of getting a room that won't accomodate a roll away bed ? if its high we'll go with the alternative.

The reason behind the "bar " was simply because of the child, but with your comments then thats not going to be an issue, and we'll go with your recommended areas too.

Thank you

I think your best bet right now is The Beekman Tower which is available for $194/nite for a 1BR suite. On your search you'll have to only search for two people, but you'll see from the room description that there is one bed in the bedroom and a pull-out couch in the living room... so it should accomodate you all quite well and the REVIEWS are excellent.

If their is a downside to this hotel it's the location, which is a 'bit east', but it's just over a 5 minute walk to a subway, a bus stop right near the hotel, and about a $5 cab ride to the heart of midtown.

The above rate is cancellable up to 72 hours before check-in, so it also gives you the opportunity to continue to see if something better comes along, although i don't that really inexpensive rates will be seen until later in June or after the July 4th holiday.

If you book this let us know and i'll also give you some advice on a great margarita place nearby as well as an excellent breakfast stop right around the corner from the hotel.

Any questions feel free to ask.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]