Priceline Hotel: Rejected $100 4* CC-CH and DT-WH

ozgirl
By ozgirl,
in

Hi,

Tried to bid upto $100 for a 4* in the Convention Centre - Capitol Hill and Downtown - Whitehouse areas for 16 May to 19 May, but was rejected.

Looks like busy times for New York and Washington. Will wait, and try again.

Thinking of alternatives....any suggestions?

Thanks

It looks like $110 might be within striking distance of the Omni Shoreham in the Dupont Circle/Woodley Park zone based upon the prevailing rates for that hotel. If that zone would be acceptable to you, I would start a new 4* bid for Dupont/Woodley, together with the Convention Center/Capital Hill and Downtown/White House zones - bidding up to $110 with the free rebids. You can do this immediately if you didn't use Dupont/Woodley Park in your failed bid.

Hi Travelguy,

Thanks for that. Don't know much about the Dupont Circle/Woodley Park area. First time visit to Washington so I really don't know any area but was recommended the Capitol Hill and Whitehouse areas as being central to transport and easy to get to all the tourist viewing sites. But from the reviews I'veseen looks ok...so I will bid as suggested. Will post results tomorrow.

Cheers,

Ozgirl

Using Travelaxe, it looks like very slim pickings for a reasonably priced cancelable backup. There's the Red Roof Inn downtown for $103, if you could stomach that. Or perhaps one of the Holiday Inns - the Washington Central/White House and Arlington/Key Bridge ones look to be the least expensive ($180/$150). If you could try up to $120 for a 4* next time, that might be helpful.

For what it's worth, I went up to $140 for a 4* in DC-WP/WH-DT/CH-CC for the WEEKEND preceeding (5/13-5/15) with no luck. Lowest 4* on Hotwire was $165. High demand time in DC.

Ended up settling for the 3* Hilton Crytal City at $62/night ++ for a total of $149.32 after seeing a successful bid on this board for that time period. You may consider a similar "suburban" strategy if your party is relatively mobile and plans to be out and about most of the day.

Good luck.

Hi,

Thought I'd update my hotel drama in DC....

Was rejected at the Hilton Washington.

Fortunately, I came across a hotel booking site advertising Omni Shoreham for $173. (It says this rate is inclusive of tax. I guess we'll find out once we get there. ) Anyway, called the Omni Shoreham and their cheapest rate was $289 (excluding tax). I asked if they dealt with the site I was thinking of booking through and they said they did. So I went ahead and booked. Confirmed with the hotel again after I saw the charge on my credit card.

Thank you for all your help Travelguy and thereuare.

This is a great site and you guys were really nice about helping out.....

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]