Houston to Bangalore, India with Pricelines's Name your own price

s13
By s13,
in

Hello all, I stumbled across this site for the first today and wow! what a wonderful site. I have been searching the web for flight tickets from Houston to Bangalore, India. I will be travelling alone with my 18 month toddler. So far the cheapest I have found including taxes for both of us is $1610. So, I was thinking about Priceline's Name your own price. I have never used this feature before. Do you think it would be worth it for me in terms of difference in price to use this feature especially as I will be travelling with an infant? Also, has anyone ever used this feature for Houston to Bangalore flights? What would be a good price for me to start with on Priceline's Name your own price? Thanks all in advance for your help.

Welcome to BetterBidding!

First question is if you intend to buy a seat for your 18 month old or will s/he travel as a 'lap baby'?

Also, when bidding on airfare you don't have any control over the layover city or length of the layover (subject to PRICELINE's limits for international traveler), which may be a factor when traveling with a child.

Let us know the above and we'll advise accordingly.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Hello, Thank u for ur response. My baby will be traveling as a lap child. I remember reading somewhere that there will be a maximum of one connection and a transit time of not more than 3 hours with Priceline's Name your own price. Is this true?

Not for international travel...

Click this link to go to PRICELINE... then on the top right corner select HELP >> FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS.

On the next page 'search by product' select Airline Tickets and enter the following (without the quotes) in the search box: 'Average International Connection Times' and click GO.

The first link should be: 'Connections, stops and layovers'. Click this and at the bottom of the ensuing page with be a link to "guide to average and longest international connection times" which will show you the longest flight and connection times when you name your own price for an airline ticket.

Let us know if/how you'd like to proceed and we''ll try to be of further help.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 4 weeks later...

No, PRICELINE is just showing you the total (including fees and taxes) should your bid be accepted. PRICELINE doesn't check for inventory or if your bid is enough until you click the "BUY MY TICKETS" now button at the bottom of the page you're referring to.

If you'd like further assistance with your trip, or to report a purchase, please start a NEW TOPIC.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]