Priceline Hotel: 4* Tampa (Airport TPA - Westhore) Grand Hyatt

ufjoe21
By ufjoe21,
in

I was trying to bid Orlando area on priceline to get 3* or 2.5* and had no luck so I decided to try easyclicktravel.com

I did an "off the record" request thru EasyClickTravel travel for a 2* in Orlando, the Howard Johnsons Enchanted Land, this is my first time using EasyClickTravel travel, and I understand I'm supposed to wait for my email confirmation, I requested the hotel early this morning at like 2:30 AM

But the check-in is Friday, so I'm starting to get worried........how long before they'll send me a confirmation or rejection........if I need to find another hotel I need to know really fast because I'm running out of time

I need a back-up plan here!

anybody who's dealt with them before and can give me advice would be appreciated thanks!

:)

Their webiste states (and before you submitted your 'on request') that they will get back to you within 48 hours, but it is a manual process and they are experiencing some growing pains, so it has often (read: usually) taken longer.

I would phone them and explain you didn't realize how long it would take to hear back and if they don't have a response ask them to cancel the request so that you can make other plans.

We have been advising users not to use EasyClickTravel for 'on request' reservations that are in the immediate future.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

If you saw my previous post, you'll know I almost got screwed my easyclicktravel.........

I turned to priceline and bid on 4* starting at $65 and adding $5 for each rebid and succeeded at $85!

4/1/05---4/3/05 (check-in Friday, check out Sunday)

Tampa

Westshore Zone

4*

Grand Hyatt Tampa Bay

Total after tax is ~$200

I've stayed here twice before and it's the most luxurious hotel in Tampa.

(nearly 1/2 of rate from hotel directly ~$400)

(note subject title of post should be 4/1---4/3...........apoligies)

I am jealous. You should be proud. I try not to talk to my friends about this because they get ideas about cheapness or poverty.. but I brag like hell on this website. Doesn't it feel good to have hundreds of dollars extra to spend on what ever the hell you want?

Good for you.

I'd just like to comment that i don't think you almost got screwed by EasyClickTravel, i do think you almost shot yourself in the foot by not reading the comment on their website about how long it would take to get a reply regarding an 'on request' reservation.

I'm one of the first to defend our users when they've been 'wronged' by one of the companies we're affiliated, but i'll also correct our users (with my own opinion) when they place blame where it doesn't belong.

Thanks for your sharing your ultmate results and enjoy your stay in Tampa.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Yes it does, I stayed here twice before and paid well over $100 each night, I have a long distance relationship with a woman I want to marry someday, and we sometimes meet halfway in central FL, and it's nice to have money to spend on other money such as going to dinner or having fun

I'm not so cheap that I'd never pay rack rate, but after using priceline, I never want to use anything else, not even hotwire

Only reason I wanted to use easyclicktravel was priceline wasn't coming up with anything and it frustrated me, but as soon as I upped my bidding I knew I'd get something

Well I think that easyclicktravel sucks anyways, they can kiss the fattest part of my reservation for the Grand Hyatt!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$10 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: SAVEMORE

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $100+ purchase... expires 05/19/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]