Hotwire Hotel: 2* Boston (Logan Airport BOS-Saugus) Red Roof Saugus

nortica
By nortica,
in

I have a 6am flight out of Logan on Sat 10/23 and am looking for a hotel near the airport for that night. I've bid on PRICELINE up to $160 for 3* and up to $200 for 3.5 and 4* with no luck. I know it's the Head of the Charles that weekend and all of my usual standbys at Logan are showing sold out on their own websites. But suddenly, as of just now, I'm seeing a $59 2* on HOTWIRE which looks like the Red Roof Inn in Saugus which doesn't have a shuttle to the airport, but they say that a taxi costs $24 and they can have it there for me at 4:30 a.m. Tripadvisor ratings are good. Has anyone stayed here before? Is it really only 20 minutes to the airport? Should I take this plunge? Is anything apt to open up on HOTWIRE or PRICELINE? The only other option I'm seeing is what looks like the Logan Airport Hilton on lastminutetravel.com for $222, which is kind of steep. Thanks for any advice.

Nobody can say if availability at other hotels will open up in the next few days, it all depends if any cancellations come in (the hotels would like to know this too). However, if a property is sold-out, and they get 1-2 cancellations, i don't think it's likely they offer these rooms at a deeply discounted rate to PRICELINE or HOTWIRE when other hotels in the area are sold-out too...they'd sooner try to sell them on their own to last minute or walk-in customers at full rate.

While i've stayed at one Red Roof Inn (missed flight connection and paid for by the airline), it was not a great experience (bare bones and painted cinder block walls), i can put up with almost anything for one nite, this property seems to get good reviews, and this may be your best deal at the moment.

If you do choose to wait the hotel does have a $109/nite rate which appears to be cancellable up until the day of arrival (always double check the terms yourself)

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks for the detailed and helpful responses, Bobc and thereuare. The 2* on Hotwire went down to $53 this morning and I just booked it. It is, indeed, the Red Roof Inn. I booked through the HOTWIRE link on this page and I'll send a report after I stay there. Thanks again for the services this site provides -- which helped me determine what hotel it was I was booking, and whether I should do it.

Congratulations on your success... glad to see you received the hotel you were hoping for.

Can you please add a reply to this thread with the amenities shown before your purchase... you can still view this information by going to HOTWIRE and clicking the MY ACCOUNT link near the top right of their home page.

Thank you for sharing your results and using the HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your purchase.

Enjoy your stay... hope the taxi and commute trip goes smoothly. :)

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]