Priceline Hotel: 3* London Airports (Heathrow) Holiday Inn M4 J4

Spartops
By Spartops,
in

Needed one night at Heathrow because of flight connections. First bid $40, Priceline came back with a counteroffer that said if I bid at least $12 they could find a room. I bid $45 instead and got the same screen. Tried $47, again the same screen. Finally capitulated and bid $52 and got the room.

Bid Price $52

Taxes and fees $16.52

Total $68.52

Quite happy as I have sayed at this property in the past and much prefer it to the 4* Sheraton or the 3* Ariel. Will post a review based on my past stay.

Is it me or is has Priceline changed a few things about the bidding process? First I don't remember them saying that I had to bid a "least" any amount before in their counteroffer. I seem to remember that the counteroffer was more of a suggestion. And when I have bid less than the counteroffer in the past and it wasn't accepted I would be blocked out for 72 hours if I did not have any free rebids. This time it let me bid three times until I met their price. I am curious if this is something new or I have just managed to miss this in the past. I would appreciate any thoughts on this.

When you raised your bid slightly did you add any zones or did you just undercut their offer? In counter-offer situations your bid will automatically be rejected if you try to bid less than their suggeted amount without changing something other than the price.

Nonetheless, this seems to be an excellent deal with substantial savings over conventional rates!

Thanks for sharing and enjoy your stay... hope your connections go smoothly.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Theruare:

Probably need to add a lightbulb to the emoticon list as thats what appeared over my head after I read your message. Of course you are correct. Checked my previous bids and every one of them has some type of rebid available. LHR does not . No more late night bidding! Thanks for the ever pleasant response to an obvious mistake on my part.

Will be working overseas for three months or so but will try to contribute if possible.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]