Priceline Hotel: 3.5* Chicago Suburbs (Schaumburg) Hyatt Woodfield

AaronJB
By AaronJB,
in

Wound up heading far out after parents surprised us with a IKEA gift card to buy a new bed and other things. Got a late start and had a bit of brief car trouble, so rather than drive the long way back, we decided at that point to try out one of the hotels nearby. Guided a friend who had never bid before (so they learned in the process) through bidding by phone and got this Hyatt property on the first bid for $39, which is the lowest I've ever won a bid for. Oddly enough, we also happened to be across the street of the hotel.

This is NOT a particularly attractive hotel from the outside, but once you get closer, it really surprises. This property has a pretty herb and vegetable garden next to the back entrance, which is a really nice touch - this is used for the restaurant and the restaurant at this Hyatt has a chef that is a big believer in fresh ingredients - the room service menu and the restaurant menu are certainly a step above even some of the hotels in the city. This property had Farmer's Markets a few times during the Summer months, and I wish I would have gone.

Walking into this hotel is a completely different story than the outside would lead one to believe. This is really a beautiful, modern (in a pretty, subtle way) Hyatt property with a lovely lobby and beautiful courtyard. There's also a very nice restaurant and barber shop by the lobby, as well.

Rooms are very pretty and natural, with a sink counter in the bathroom made up of tons of little stones. Oddly, no bathtub, but very nice shower. All the Hyatt Portico bathroom shampoo/soap, which is still my favorite hotel soap product.

Outdoor pool is in a second courtyard, but was closed by this time of year.

Also peaked into a few other hotels in the area - such as the Hyatt Place across the way, which looked like a very nice property.

So, really enjoyed this stay and was able to do some research, as well - was able to get a sense of some of the other properties in the nearby area (there's quite a few.)

Overall, would totally recommend this Hyatt property, and really would be very eager to stay here again, especially for $39.

This is a 3.5*, but I can say without hesitation that it deserves the 4* rating - I found it nicer than the Hyatt on Wacker downtown.

Of course, used the site's PRICELINE link.

Congratulations on your win!

Sounds like an incredible deal... glad to hear you're enjoying your stay and are impressed with the hotel's offerings.

Thank you for sharing your win and using the PRICELINE links on the board to begin your bidding.

Enjoy the rest of your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]