Hotwire Hotel: 3.5* San Juan Old San Juan Sheraton

Amosmoses33
By Amosmoses33,
in

Is it just me or is there a big variance in prices from time to time on the same date/rating level? I know of people who used priceline in July and got a 4* for $110 and I am bidding now and I can't get a 3 1/2* for $120. I suppose its all about availability and supply and demand.

Go Dawgs!

Thanks for the welcome.

I am looking for San Juan, PR 3/5/11 one night.

I am thinking I will lower down to 3 star as we are only going to be there from 4pm to the next morning.

It doesn't look like there is a lot of choices available if the search is accurate when you buy there rate and not name your own.

There appears to only be one 3 1/2*, old San Juan Sheritan (which I'd love to get), and one 3*

We are cruising sot he Old SJ Sheritan would get great but the regular room rate is up to $259 per night...WOW

Go Dawgs!

I'd find a cancellable back-up and continue to monitor rates... i don't see any reason to pay $150+ this far ahead of your stay.

For example, Expedia has the Courtyard Miramar for $169/nite and it appears to be fully refundable (always double check the terms yourself) and you could use that as a back-up or find others similarly priced.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Keep us updated as to your progress and how we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Amazingly, i read over at cruise critic forum where someone got the Old SJ Sheraton on 3/6/2011, one day after me on priceline for $85. They won the bid yesterday 10/6/2010. The rack rate is only $20 different from Saturday nite to Sunday nite. I booked a room at the San Juan Park Hotel for backup.

I appreciate y'alls help.

Go Dawgs!

I'm not very patient it seems lol.

My wife and I have decided to try and get the OSJ Sheraton.

Looking at priceline, using your PRICELINE link, putting in the date I want (3/5/2001-3/6/2011) on the search, it gives the OSJ Sheraton and the Radisson.

If I bid at priceline, and eventually win, would I likely get one of those two? I haven't seen many people win the Radisson for any dates. Most get the OSJ Sheraton.

Using your HOTWIRE link, they have a 3.5* for 184+tax/tag/title (lol) that seems to be the OSJ Sheraton.

It seems prices are going up so my question is...

Would it be better to go ahead and try the Hotwire 3.5* instead of risking getting the Radisson or something else?

Thanks!

Go Dawgs!

If I bid at priceline, and eventually win, would I likely get one of those two?
Not necessarily, see the related link in our PRICELINE FAQ regarding using the 'retail' listings to determine what you will get when bidding. As well, the star rating you select is the minimum you are willing to accept, so you could also be upgraded to a higher rated hotel.
Would it be better to go ahead and try the Hotwire 3.5* instead of risking getting the Radisson or something else?
If you're trying to target a specific property then HOTWIRE if often a better option. What are the amenities associated with the 3.5* property you're being offered?

Thanks for using the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]