Priceline Hotel: Cancun Mexico - December 22 - Jan 3 Resort or Better

kramerb4
By kramerb4,
in

Looking to start bidding on the cancun hotel zone. December 22, 2010-Jan 3, 2011. I am going to start my bidding at 130.00...as most resorts in this area are starting in the high 200's on Expedia etc. I would like a strategy. I know I have 4 re-bids in this zone... Any idea how high I will have to go?

I would rather not drop to 4* hotels...but if I have to I will. I am willing to go as high as 2500-3000 range for the nights. Rather pay less obviously.

Thanks for any help.

Maybe its just me, but isn't the resorts in cancun 4*?

I booked for december 13-17. 4* and got a resort. Westin Spa & Resort for $54/nt

I'm trying to find an all inclusive package for the last leg of my trip. 12/17-22

Do you have experience in converting priceline room rates into all inclusive?

However to answer your question regarding resort,

Hotwire has 5* @ 129(maybe fiesta), and a 4.5* @ 79 (maybe le meridian).

These are also resort. (NON "ALL" INCLUSIVES)

I wouldn't bid so high. You have a couple of days to play this out.

And go up incrementally. I'd say the starting point is $50

I booked for december 13-17. 4* and got a resort. Westin Spa & Resort for $54/nt
Why not share your win with the board so that others can benefit from the info :)
I would rather not drop to 4* hotels...but if I have to I will. I am willing to go as high as 2500-3000 range for the nights.
Welcome to BetterBidding!

What is your maximum bid amount?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Do you have experience in converting priceline room rates into all inclusive?

I don't know of anyone who has done this, but there aren't too many opportunities to do this either, as most hotels do not offer both 'ala carte' and 'all-inclusive' options. If you are able to do this, it would have to be negotiated directly with the hotel.

I would first research at the hotel website the difference in cost between their 'room only' and 'all inclusive' option... this would be the price i would expect to pay (and if quoted more than this try to negotiate down to this price giving the price difference at their own website as the rationale for expecting this rate... hopefully you're spanish is good :) )

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]