Priceline Hotel: 12/27-12/28 bidding workaround

chechein
By chechein,
in

HOTWIRE is down for maintenance at the moment, but if you bump this thread in the morning i'll try to confirm... best guess i that this is the Holiday Inn Express Madison Square Garden, which is 2.5* rated on PRICELINE, which would explain why your bids have been rejected even though they are close to the HOTWIRE price.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

You didn't list the amenities of the 4* Jersey City property, but note that the Westin and Hyatt both have been seen with the same amenity combination, so you may be seeing the Hyatt as well (although the Westin has been won more frequently of late)

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

My recent workaround

bid until 127 for 3* in all Manhattan area but fail

try jersey to bid until 127 for 4* but fail again.

I check the priceline directly and as well as the hotel website. The hotel for 139 4* is Westin Jersey City Newport

The directly buying price including tax is 158.35

But if I bid for 127, the price including tax and fee is 155.37.

So do I need to go buying directly without bidding? (It looks like if I bid for 130, it will be more expensive than offical price. Then it doesnt make sense) Or wait another day to bid until 127 to try

chechein

"Preferred View" (how they are listed on the website) rooms are an upgrade, although the difference in price between view rooms and regular rooms does not seem terribly steep as major city upgrades go. Orbitz has this room available (and you can use the coupon), as does the Westin website. If you booked via PRICELINE or HOTWIRE, you could ask for an upgrade, but the hotel could say no or require a fee.

Thank you for using the site's HOTWIRE, PRICELINE or Orbitz links to start your purchases and searches.

Hi,

Some bidding history might help some people although they are failed

I try to bid for 3* for 135 in NYC but get nothing and 127 for 4* in Jersey city and still nothing.

So I use Aaron's information to directly buy the hotel with Preferred View which i could see the skyline.

159 for deluxe king.

Now I am done for all my NYC trip

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]