Priceline Hotel: Jersey city 10/23-10/25

fisherg
By fisherg,
in

I'll travel to NY and like to stay in Jersey City for the lower hotel price compared to NY.

What's the reasonable price I should offer when bidding for a 4* or 3* hotel in this area?

I don't want my budget going over $100 and if this is not possible, is there any other area recommended if I drive there myself?

Thanks

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Please start by reading your messages.

I don't think $100 is likely in this area, but here is my suggestion...

HOTWIRE is showing a well rated 3* hotel in the Chelsea-MSG zone for $159/nite (best guess is the Holiday Inn Express MSG). I would recommend pushing your budget if at all possible (up to $140 or however high you can go??) to see if you can get a 3* hotel within Manhattan... if that is not successful you can try for a Jersey City Hotel up to $100... if that is not successful i'd look towards the Secaucus-North Bergen and Meadowlands-Rutherford zones where you can likely get something for $100 or under.

Let us know your thoughts and how you'd like to proceed and we'll take it from there.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Unless you're looking to drive to the train station the Newark Airport isn't recommended.

I'd sooner recommend the Secaucus-North Bergen and Meadowlands-Rutherford zones mentioned above. Commuting from this area is by bus, and many (but NOT all) of the hotels are near bus stops, but you could drive to the nearby Park N Ride should the hotel you land not be walkable to a bus stop. (but i'd also re-think your plans to stay outside of NYC... you could always park at a train station and commute the last part of your trip, returning to the car just to go home... staying in NYC is a very different experience then commuting in, and based upon the prices i'm seeing, worth the additional expensive, imo... but i also understand the need to have a budget and have enough money left over to actually do things once in Manhattan)

Where are you traveling in from?

Let us know your thoughts and we'll take it from there.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I'd like to stay in an area with lower price hotel while easy to take train to new york.
Unfortunately for this time of year, $100 near a PATH train typically doesn't cut it.

You could look to stay in the Queens/Brooklyn side of Manhattan, but then you have parking costs to consider, as well as many of the areas not being so nice, imo.

The train is certainly more reliable and convenient then the bus, but with its proximity to NYC, this area is usually near one of the last stops on pick-up and one of the first stops on drop-off, so the travel time isn't too bad (but traffic is still the 'unknown' which can effect commute time)

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]