Priceline Hotel: NYC -MTW MTE UMT 4* 05/19 to 05/22

ozgirl
By ozgirl,
in

Hi,

I was wondering if I could get some advice about how to go about bidding for a hotel in New York MTW, MTE and UMT area on priceline? We are hoping for a 4* hotel and have set a budget of $170. The dates are May 19 to May 22.

The hotel prices seem very high during this period and in most cases there is no availability at all!

Thanks.

Welcome to BetterBidding!

If you want to try Priceline you have 2 re-bid zones at the 4* level, if you're not familiar with re-bidding please read RE-BIDDING EXPLAINED and ask any questions that you may have and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board.

Select 4* MTW and...

Bid $120, if rejected add re-bid zone and...

Bid $130, if rejected add re-bid zone and...

Bid $140, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* MTE and...

Bid $140, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* UM/CPS and...

Select 4* MTW and UM/CPS

Bid $145, if rejected add re-bid zone and...

Bid $150, if rejected add re-bid zone and...

Bid $155, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* MTE and UM/CPS

Bid $145, if rejected add re-bid zone and...

Bid $150, if rejected add re-bid zone and...

Bid $155, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* MTE, MTW, and UM/CPS...

Bid $160, if rejected add re-bid zone and...

Bid $165, if rejected add re-bid zone and...

Bid $170.

If the above is rejected....

Just slightly over your budget is the Eastgate Tower (review) and the Beekman Tower (review).

The above two hotels are also cancellable so they may serve as good back-ups while you continue to try priceline.

Let us know if you have any questions.

Good Luck and let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Realistic... yes, but as you can see right now not enough. So although realistic that doesn't necessarily meant that you will have success at the above rate.

Personally i think your back-ups are very good (i tend to favor the Beekman but as you can see from the reviews above both get excellent reviews), so i wouldn't be raising your maximum bid at this time, unless there was a specific reason you felt the need to do so. The above hotels are cancellable up to 72 hours before check-in date so you can continue to try priceline to beat what you already have 'in hand'.

You can always choose to stick with your back-ups or raise you bid as you get closer to check-in, but i don't feel any need to 'chase' this at the moment.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Hi,

Thought I'd send a quick update. I looked at the Beekman and Eastgate. But in the end got a deal through the airline I'm flying with at the Southgate Towers for $858 AUD for 3 nights (includes tax). So worked out to roughly $180USD per night (excluding tax).

I saw that the Southgate was recently renovated and right near Macy's (for shopping!).

Thank you for all your help and advice.

Cheers.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]