Priceline Hotel: 4* Newark (Jersey City) W Hotel Hoboken

El Georgino
By El Georgino,
in

Hello - i am a new member to this site. I have heard about this site before but never used it since I have never used Priceline before. So I am a newbee in both areas. I need some advice on how to obtain the hotel we prefer in NYC. We are travelling to NYC on 12/03-12/06 and I have searched Priceline for a 4* hotel in areas MDT-West, Central Park South, and MDT-East but have come up short. My max bid for these three areas was $225 per room. Also, I am looking for 2 rooms.

I have read the advice on how to keep on searching on Priceling by adding zones that do not contain 4* hotels and it was working fine last night but when I tried again this morning I kept receiving a duplicate request notice. Is that normal if I am rebidding the correct way?

Please advise. If more information is needed, please let me know and I will provide.

Thanks for all the help in advance. I have read a lot of topics on this site and am grateful for the tons of information out there.

Regards -

El Georgino

Welcome to Betterbidding. :)

If it has not been 24 hours since your last bid, then you are getting a repeat bid note. You are not able to make the same bid until 24 hours has passed.

What bids have you made so far for these dates, and what would be your desired budget per night?

Thank you for using the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

Thank you for replying.

I did $165, $180, $200, $205, and then $225 for areas MDT-West, Central Park South, and MDT-East for a 4* hotel. After each rejection I would proceed to add a zone without a 4* but came short each time.

I may be hoping for too much by bidding low but I figured wat do I have to lose. I was really trying to stay under $225 per night if I could for those areas. Maybe I need to look at other areas?

Thanks!

The first weekend in December is historically a busy week in NYC and based upon current prices i suspect you're more likely looking at the high-$200's rather than the low-$200's for a 4* hotel in most zones.

Any chance you could come the previous weekend??

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 6 months later...

I tried and tried booking a 4* hotel in NYC for the first weekend in December but my bids were rejected. I did not bid more than $225 for a room and as said previously, it is a very busy weekend in NYC the first weekend in December. So we expanded our options out to New Jersey and was able to win a bid for the W in Hoboken for $200 total per night! The going rate on their website was $250 before taxes for the same weekend so we ended up getting a very good deal! The W in Hoboken is literally a 3-5 minute walk from the Subway that takes you into the heart of NYC.

Even though I didn't win any bids on NYC, the winning bid for the W in Hoboken felt like a winner since it was a nice place to stay.

Thanks for the help and strategies on betterbidding since they do indeed work.

Congratulations on your success!

While not in NYC, glad you found something which worked for your needs (and budget) and hopefully you were able to explore Hoboken a bit too... a really great little town, imo.

Please remember to follow-up your threads with your wins (or decision) when received so that the information can best help others in a timely manner.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]