Hotwire Hotel: 2* Bangor-Orono Charles Inn

Dalyman0
By Dalyman0,
in

Had been bidding on PRICELINE for days with no success..... a very busy weekend in Bangor. Columbus Day / Thanksgiving weekend. Virtually every room in Bangor and miles around was booked.

We finally checked HOTWIRE again and the only option was a 2* with airport shuttle & breakfast. Price was a little high for a 2* but with no other options and trip to start in 2 days we decided to book. (hotel options had been disappearing daily)

The hotel was the Charles Inn in old historic Bangor..... so so place, but better than being on the street. We overhead 2 phone calls looking for accommodations just while we were checking in...... the front desk clerk gave a "sorry, all booked". Also overheard a person on the street looking for a room and the girl he asked said "there is nothing for miles around".

The room was clean but the hotel is very old and has had some upgrades but still shows it's age. The continental breakfast was on the 4th. floor and was pretty decent.

My apologies for not using the "Better Bidding" HOTWIRE link...... had been using it all week long for PRICELINE bids but I don't think I used it when we booked the hotel........ but the least I can do is share this with the board as this is a hotel not listed previously.

Dallas

Congratulations on your success!

Glad to see HOTWIRE came thru for you on these busy nites.

Thank you for sharing your results with the board and helping us add this property to the Hotwire Hotel List.

Please try to remember the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your future travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]