Hotwire Hotel: Which hotel and why...

nlrjkr
By nlrjkr,
in

I will be in Honolulu 11/22-26 and need some advice from those who've been there recently on which hotel to choose. We were there in 1995 and stayed at Outrigger Reef in an oceanfront room and were happy with our choice. So much time has passed, our experience there may not be the same as that of those who've been there more recently. We would like to be near Waikiki, on the beach if possible but not necessary. Here are the options I'm debating on -

Hilton Hawaiian Village - available thru HOTWIRE $174 probably a garden view room?

Waikiki Parc - available thru Orbitz @ $189 oceanview under 17th floor includes breakfast

Sheraton Waikiki - HOTWIRE $179 (if previous guesses are correct)

Other interests are Outrigger on the Beach, Sheraton Moana Surfrider, Renaissance Ilikai or Hawaii Prince (can get this thru Pleasant Hawaiian Holidays for $858 incl tax for oceanview)

Is there any reason to skip any of the above hotels (bad location, not a good value, etc)? Any reason to bid Priceline instead of Hotwire on any of these? It seems the reviews of all Waikiki hotels vary quite a bit. I also don't want to end up with a "Priceline/Hotwire room" so would like to get a hotel that's known for not showing any bias against these types of reservations. Thanks as usual for any help you can give me. I'm sure when I start working on the Big Island, I'll have more questions and I appreciate all the help I've received here.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]