Hotwire Hotel: Travel to NYC

bluenose
By bluenose,
in

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Summer in NYC is usually a time of low occupancy (exceptions include conventions and other 'special events'). Whether to book now or wait should be determined by how good fo a deal you could get now... what are the actual dates of your stay and which zone(s) are you interested in?

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

What a great forum ! I have placed bids of $95.00 - $100.00 for 3* - 3 1/2. I have not tried UM / CPS. Could you advise why most bid UM /CPS over MTS ? I have also read several of your posts in relation to Beekman Towers and the cost for this. The Beekman sounds excellent . I should also point out I am seeking two rooms as I am travelling with two teens however, the Beekman seems to fit this. What is your opinion ?

A 1BR suite at The Beekman is available for your dates for $172/nite. I think you will likely be able to do better than this down the road (assuming no 'extrordinary events' taking place in the city during your stay that would effect demand/pricing), but you may want to book the above as a cancellable back-up so at least you know what your 'worst case scenario' will be (and it's not so bad at that!)

Most choose UM/CPS before MTS due to location... it's closer to shops, Central Park, mass transit everywhere, etc, etc. I think most tourists also believe that they 'need' to be close to Times Square, but i always encourage visitors to see Times Square but then 'get the hell out' and see the real NYC and go to where the locals go and hang out... but i'm a little bit biased as that's how i like to travel myself, i often describe my own vacations as "acting like a local who has the day off". It amazes me when visitors come to NYC and want to each in chain restaurants and the like... i prefer to give business to the local guy that is "doing it right" (food, service, value) and immerse myself in among the masses. OK, enough of my tangent...

The MTS zone is also now quite large, extending very far south, so it's a bit less predictable as well. The UM/CPS is usually more expensive than the MTE or MTW zone, so bidding it also gives you some additional bidding opportunities (it's not aways cheaper though... so only add it if you're willing/wanting to stay in that area as well).

If you haven't seen this thread it's also probably a good read for you: PRICELINE NEW YORK CITY ZONES.

Let us know your thoughts and we'll take it from there.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]