Priceline Hotel: Mardi Gras 2010 Help

redhawk
By redhawk,
in

Been going to Mardi Gras for the last five years and usually get the Astor Crowne for around $150 a night by booking early, however, this year I can't find anything I want for less than $249 (which is the Sheraton).

Looking to get two rooms from March 4-7 and am thinking about bidding on PRICELINE for a 4 star and above, but am afraid because I don't want anything that is more than three blocks from canal or the french quarter. My max bid would be about $175 a night per room, if I can't get that then I will probably just go ahead and get the Sheraton for $249 a night.

Has anybody ever had success during Mardi Gras or should I just go ahead and get the Sheraton?

Welcome to BetterBidding!

...but am afraid because I don't want anything that is more than three blocks from canal or the french quarter.
Does PRICELINE's boundaries of the entire Downtown zone fit this description?
Been going to Mardi Gras for the last five years and usually get the Astor Crowne for around $150 a night by booking early, however, this year I can't find anything I want for less than $249 (which is the Sheraton).
Is the Sheraton thru HOTWIRE or a hotel direct purchase? If the latter... is the rate non-refundable or can it be cancelled without penalty?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Yes, after looking at the situation, downtown and french quarter areas would suffice.

That $249 price is directly thru the Hotel and other sites so it can be cancelled.

Thanks for the reply. I've actually bid all the way up to $210 on Priceline selecting a 4 star hotel and was denied each time. I put in a request thru Last Minute Travel for the Double Tree at $151 a night and they said they will get back with me in 48 hours to let me know. So will update everybody then, also does LMT have a good track record of getting requests confirmed?

• 1 month later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]