Priceline Hotel: 3-star Lake Oswego 10/30-11/3: split bid?

Sutter
By Sutter,
in

Priceline showed the average price of a 3-star hotel for the Lake Oswego-Tigard (Oregon) area for 10/30-11/3 as $129. Out of curiosity I checked on just the weekend, and the average rate was $66. Average rate for just 11/1-11/3, the two weeknights, was $129.

-In this case, could I just split the difference between $129 and $66 in deciding what to base the bid on (i.e., start at maybe 60% off that), even though Priceline is giving the average weeknight price ($129) for the entire period if I bid on all 4 days at once? Or would it be better to first bid on the two weekend nights and then bid separately on the two weeknights, with a higher bid, recognizing that we may not get the exact same hotel (though there aren't that many 3-star hotels in the area)?

-If I do bid on just the weekend to start with 40% of $66 seems like an awfully low starting point. I do have time so I guess I can start anywhere.

(p.s. we have not yet made a decision re Ontario, California, subject of earlier post re Hotwire- California; will follow up on that thread).

Priceline showed the average price of a 3-star hotel for the Lake Oswego-Tigard (Oregon) area for 10/30-11/3 as $129. Out of curiosity I checked on just the weekend, and the average rate was $66. Average rate for just 11/1-11/3, the two weeknights, was $129.
The 'suggested retail' rate shown by PRICELINE is not very meaningfuul and i wouldn't use it in determining a bidding strategy.
p.s. we have not yet made a decision re Ontario, California, subject of earlier post re Hotwire- California; will follow up on that thread
Seems like those dates overlap these, correct?

Please also follow-up your previous Hotwire Paris thread. Thanks.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Ontario, Nov. 6.
Once you do conclude your Ontario Hotel thread please include the new date range as currently the date are listed as 11/2-11/3
Please also follow-up your previous Hotwire Paris thread. Thanks.
:)

If you need help with a bidding strategy for this Lake Oswego stay let us know your maximum bid and we'll advise accordingly.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]