Priceline Hotel: 2.5* - Boston - Quincy Market Financial

CheapoHank
By CheapoHank,
in

This is my first post and I have never purchased anything from priceline, although I feel I understand the system okay after a day of research.

However, I have some questions. The Marriott Custom House is the only 2.5* Hotel in the Quincy Market. These are small 'villas' with a King and a pull out. The going rate it $319 for these rooms, I think I can do much better. My issue it that I have 4 people staying in 1 room. Two of those people are my mom and stepdad, so I would like as much room as possible. My mom booked the Marriott for $319 but can cancel her room.

My question is if I bid on a 2.5* in the Quincy district, is the Marriott Custom House the only hotel that it can give me or will it try to give me a less expensive 3*?

Another option would be getting 2 rooms in this district for less than $125 a piece and just separate rooms. Any help in getting 4 people a place to sleep in this district would be greatly appreciated!

Welcome to Betterbidding!

The Marriott Custom House is the only 2.5* Hotel in the Quincy Market
Not sure how you determined this, but you really have no way of knowing if this is the only 2.5* property that PRICELINE works with in the area. Even if it were the only 2.5* property, when you bid the star rating you select is the minimum you're willing to accept, so PRICELINE could always upgrade your 2.5* bid to a higher rated hotel.
My question is if I bid on a 2.5* in the Quincy district, is the Marriott Custom House the only hotel that it can give me or will it try to give me a less expensive 3*?
As per above you could receive something other than the Residence Inn.
Another option would be getting 2 rooms in this district for less than $125 a piece and just separate rooms. Any help in getting 4 people a place to sleep in this district would be greatly appreciated!
Rates are currently very high for these dates and i don't think it's like that you would be able to get a hotel within the Quincy Market zone for $125/nite or less. HOTWIRE does have a 3* hotel in the Cambridge zone with Breakfast, Fitness, Restaurant icons which appears when searching for 2rooms/4adults. Best guess for this property is the Best Western Tria, which if correct, their website indicates they run a shuttle to two nearby metro stations which could take you into 'downtown'.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know your thoughts and how you'd like to proceed and we'll advise accordingly.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I would really like to stay in the Quincy Market Financial or the Boston Common Theatre districts to stay close to some friends. Looking on Hotwire, there were no hotels for less than the $319 rate we currently have.

As far as putting a bid on Priceline, I would settle for around $250 (or less that $300) in those mentioned districts but I wouldn't be gauranteed a 4 person room. The Marriott Custom House Villa's hotel only shows up when I specifically click on 'Marriott Vacation Club' under Hotel Brand. I don't know why it doesn't show up under the general search with no criteria selected. Anyway, that is the only hotel that I know can sleep all four of us. I don't know of a way to bid on the district and only get his hotel. I was hoping it was the least expensive in the Quincy district so it would default me to that one.

Also, when you purchase from Priceline or Hotwire, are the fees significantly more that booking from other sources?

Thanks,

Henry

CheapoHank,

On lastminutetravel.com there is a cambridge hotel that looks to be the Royal Sonesta - right on the Charles River - a 5 minute subway ride to Quincy Mkt area for 240.00 a nite for 4 adults, It is listed as a 4* hotel in the Cambridge/Boston area

Cross referencing with their sister site easyclicktravel.com this is the Royal Sonesta - a lovely hotel with water views...

http://www.lastminutetravel.com//

do a search for 4 adults for your dates

Destination: Boston, Massachusetts, Usa

Dates: 10/28/2010 - 10/31/2010

Guests: 4 adult(s), 0 child(dren) in 1 room(s).

Results : 24

4-star hotel in Cambridge area/Boston

Where

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]