Hotwire Hotel: 2.5* Louisville (Expo Center-Airport SDF) Fern Valley

bloomautomatic
By bloomautomatic,
in

2.5* in the Louisville Expo Center/Airport area for $43 per night. 3 night total $153.73 w/ tax. Was expecting the Jameson again, got the Fern Valley Hotel & Conference Center. This used to be a Holiday Inn. I stayed there a few years ago when it was that and it was decent. It was showing its age then, but it had an indoor pool and Holidome, so that was cool. Will try to remember to post an update after I get there.

v

bloomautomatic,

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Sorry to see you didn't recieve the hotel you were expecting, but hopefully you're still happy with the results for the price you paid and this works well for your plans.

Thank you for sharing your results with the board and helping us add this property to the Hotwire Hotel List. Can you please add a reply to this thread with the amenities shown before your purchase... you can still view this information by going to HOTWIRE and clicking the MY ACCOUNT link near the top right of their home page.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Enjoy your stay.

svarog,

If you would like help with your own stay please start a NEW TOPIC.

Thanks.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry for the delay in posting the update, but here's the rundown.

To me, it was worth the $43, but I was traveling alone and I'm not hard to please. If I was there with my wife, she wouldn't have liked it. The hotel is dated. It used to be a Holiday Inn, but I guess they lost their franchise when they opened a Holiday Inn Express across the road. The room had a slight musty smell, but not terrible. The carpets were clean enough, but not new. Some of the trim pieces, woodwork, etc was kind of beat up. The back doors that open to the parking lot were not locked. the walls could use a coat of paint.

Now for the good:

Indoor pool, indoor hot tub, and a lot of recreation stuff for the kids - game room, pinball table, etc. Pool closes at 10 on weekdays, 11 on weekends, and you have to get a wristband (no charge) from the front desk to swim. I guess that's to deter outsiders. Many of the rooms have indoor balconies that open to the pool area. Nice if you have kids, but if you want a quiet room, that's not the side you want! They have high speed internet, but it's wired, not wireless. No big deal for me, it worked fine. I kept the "do not disturb" up for 2 days and on the second day they left a bag of clean towels outside the door. They have a hotel bar which was open on friday night, but not saturday. They also have a full service restaurant for b'fast (and possibly lunch and dinner) which I passed on in favor of the Waffle House next door. Also, no problems with the room - the TV worked, the internet worked, the heat worked, the shower and toilet worked, and the bed worked - that's all I really need!

I would recommend this hotel to anyone who is not very picky, or who has kids and needs someplace where they can run wild...and it seems like a lot of kids stay here. there was a birthday party, a soccer team, and other groups with kids staying there. If you can get past that, it's a deal for the money! other people I talked to who booked directly paid $75-$85 per night...and of course I had to brag that i was getting the same room for $43.

Vince

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]