Priceline Hotel: Resort San Juan (Rio Grande - Humacao) Westin

neuro0
By neuro0,
in

Get what I want for $79 on the first try in the Rio Grande-Humacao zone.

After reading all reviews between westin and wyndham el conquistador, I like the westin better.

It seems $79 is the lowest bid accepted for the westin. AAA rate is $150. internet prepaid @ 199

The Wyndham seems to have its lowest accept bid at $90. So I took my chance for staying at Wyndham.

A hind sight: since I have a rebid zone, perhaps my first bid should be less than $79 :)

Sounds like a great deal!

I do not know the resort fee but you can email the hotel from the website to inquire (but since it won't change anything i would just wait until you get there... no sense in drawing attention to your discounted rate).

Give that rooms at this property can be upwards of $400/nite, i'd be pretty ticked to pay 11% of that rate as a resort fee! Please let us know what you are ultimately charged.

You may also want to read thru some of the REVIEWS (which are excellent, btw) and see if anyone mentions the resort fee thru a pre-paid reservation.

Thanks for posting and have a great stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 1 month later...

To answer my own question:

I was not charged any resort fee at checkout. However, no charge has been post to my CC account yet including some incidentals. Let's see!

Be warn, the pool is nice but the beach is poor. Dirty sands with a lot of cigarette butts, very wavy ocean.

Good to know about the resort fee not being charged (maybe). I have actually read something similar from another Westin visitor before. But to answer thereuare's previous comment - I agree that its hard to believe, given what their rates are, but 11% is what the stated added resort fee is. Plus an additional daily fee for self park. Plus pricey and (from the reviews) poor quality food at the onsite restaraunts. Actually, this place get some of the better reviews on the island, though. Problems usually center around service issues (maybe its a cultural issue) and poor beaches. FWIW, the Westin supposedly has one of the better beaches in PR (excluding Vieques). And, by the way, based on my experience bidding this, I think that $79 is about the bottom of the acceptable bid range for this hotel. (They are actually running a Travelzoo special right now for $109, if anyone's interested. Not bad for a non-Priceline cost.)

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]