Hotwire Hotel: 3* Lihue - Kapaa Hotel

ontheroad97
By ontheroad97,
in

Hello,

Planning on visiting Kauai from May 26 to May 31 and looking for a decent hotel at a good price. Searched Hotwire and came up with a 3* in Lihue- Kapaa with the following amenities:

Near Beach, Restaurant(s), Pool(s), Fitness Center, Golf Nearby, Tennis Nearby, Laundry Facilities (self-service).

Any ideas on which hotel this might be or further tips on getting a good deal in Kauai would be greatly appreciated!

Whoops! So sorry--I posted a reply to the Vegas post explaining how it worked out. Y'all were right about the rodeo, and we did end up staying at the Flamingo, which was the best deal and reasonably comfortable. Venetian just wan't going to happen for theose dates and my price range. Thanks for all your help!

I don't think it would be that one thereuare. It has recently been remodeled and are really beautiful timeshare condos, plus Hotwire would rank it a gazillion stars!! Ontheroad, a group of us is getting together on Kauai on May27th. Go to fodors.com and search for Kauai GTG if you would like to join us.

Thanks for your help so far. BBQ I may just look you up if we're in the area on that day!

Any ideas on getting a decent hotel at the $100-$120/night range for May 26 to May 31st? Feelings on using Priceline, Hotwire, or booking direct? Seems like there's a lot of "unknowns" on Kauai :)

Looking at splitting the stay between the Princeville/Hanalei area and Lihue/Poipu (or preferably somewhere even a bit closer to Waimea Canyon).

Hi ontheroad,

I bid and bid and bid up to $125 for resort on priceline for Kauai, but never even got a counter offer. We are staying at a timeshare(Pono Kai) for 7 nights, but for 3 nights we are staying at the new Courtyard by Marriott. Their direct rates are only like $137 or something like that. The hubby is 62 so we got the Marriott sr discount for $111. Some friends of ours are staying at The Islander ...check it out...I think it is completely renovated. I also have other friends who got Kiahuna Plantation at a reasonable rate. Email me and I will give you some more recommendations...Mark your subject ontheroad and I will recognize you..

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]