Priceline Hotel: Need help bidding on Priceline

wild orchids
By wild orchids,
in

Hi thereuare,

I'm new to the forum and not sure how it works. Really appreciate your help

Please help me with bidding strategies for an rental car & a 3.5* or higher in Las Vegas.

Car: LAS airport pick up & drop off (Economy car)

Hotel area: Las Vegas strip (north or south)

Arrival: Oct. 11, 2010

Dept: Oct. 19 (8nts)

Budget: $40 - $80

No. of ppl: 2 adults & 1 child (3yrs)

I really want to get the Monte Carlo under the 3.5* but was really scared to get the Flamingo so I've only tried putting in bids for the 4* & higher hotels. However, I'm having problems because I've been rejected upto the bid of $68. Should I split up the dates??? Please please help!

Cheers,

Wild Orchids

Welcome to BetterBidding!

To confirm... the $68 bid that you made was for hotel only and you were going to bid separately for a rental car? Was your $68 bid for both the North and South zone?

Also, while i wouldn't be too concerned given the age of your child, PRICELINE only guarantees double occupancy... so you could get a room with only one bed. Most Vegas hotels likely have rollaways and/or could accommodate your needs for an additional fee, is this acceptable?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Yes, the bid of $68 was only for the hotel and haven't bid for the rental car yet. We are ok with only one bed in the room since she sleeps with us in our bed anyways :) However, isn't it possible to request a room with 2 beds after we have won our bid at the hotel?

Thanks!

Oops...forgot to mention that the bid was for both the North & South Zone.

Yes, you can call the hotel you win and request a room with two beds, but the hotel may not be able, or willing, to accommodate your request (or there can be an additional fee involved). So if you need a room with two beds then you have to be aware that this is not guaranteed by PRICELINE and there could be situations where you won't always be able to get your request honored.

At the 4* level you have FOUR re-bid zones. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

Select 4* North Strip and South Strip...

Bid $65, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $70, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $75, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $78, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $80

Any questions feel free to ask.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I've only managed to bid upto $70 with the re-bidding zone because there was only one other zone that didn't have 4 stars.

No, you have FOUR re-bid zones at the 4* level... are you using the techniques in re-bid to determine your re-bid zones? Are you sure you only have one zone selected at a time when checking the highest star rating in the zone?

Feel free to confirm your re-bid zones with the board OR if you're confused with the information in the link above let us know and we'll break it down further for you.

When I select 4* the system automatically select 5* as well. Therefore, this limits me to the different available zones. The only Zone left that doesn't have 4* is "Boulder Strip." Anyway, I think I going to drop the 4* and go with the 3.5*. Factoring in the resort fee & parking it's a bit over our budget with the 4*.

Can you help me breakdown the re-bidding zones strategy for a 3.5* & if we can eliminate Flamingo? We're thinking of bidding upto $60 max considering the weekend as we can book directly with Monte Carlo from $61/nts.

Thanks!

When I select 4* the system automatically select 5* as well. Therefore, this limits me to the different available zones. The only Zone left that doesn't have 4* is "Boulder Strip."
None of tihs has to do with re-bidding... how does this effect which zones only have hotels rated 4* and under?
Can you help me breakdown the re-bidding zones strategy for a 3.5* & if we can eliminate Flamingo? We're thinking of bidding upto $60 max considering the weekend as we can book directly with Monte Carlo from $61/nts.
There is no way to avoid a particular hotel in the zone... you have to be willing to accept any hotel in the zone at the star rating (or higher) that you select. At the 3.5* level you have THREE re-bid zones... please see if you can determine your re-bid zones OR if you're still not seeing it post back and we'll break it down further for you.

If you do book the Monte Carlo please note from our suport.page that we're an affiliate and please use the links there to begin your purchase.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or our Monte Carlo link if you go that route.

Let us know how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]