Priceline Hotel: 3.5* Atlantic City-Cape May (Atlantic City) Sheraton

kavita
By kavita,
in

Hi folks,

i am new to PRICELINE bidding system, but this site helped me a lot to understand about the rebid zones and historical bids. Would really appreciate any advice you can give me: Following are my trip parameters:

Date: 10/09 OR 10/16 (for one night)

# of rooms: 2

Zone: 2- Atlantic City Area

Star: 2.5 or above

Looking at the historic bids i started with low bids of $60 on 4 star and went up to $110 - All rejected.

Next went down to 3.5* upto 100 - All rejected

2.5 * upto 100 all rejected

2* upto $95 - all rejected.

now i get the feeling they have flagged me and are rejecting my bids. this isnt even the peak season.

i dont want to go above $100 per nite, any advice would be apreciated..

THanks

hi, looking for accomodations for atlantic city area for 1 night (10/09) 2 rooms, 4 adults 2 children: HOTWIRE gave the following result, can you help me figure out which hotel this is:

Downtown Atlantic City area Hotel

Star: 2

Price: $73/nite

Hotel amenities : Complimentary Breakfast; Pool(s)

Is this a good deal? Should i book this?

It may not be peak season, but it is still a Saturday nite in Atlantic City which is when they make their money.

As the area off of the boardwalk and marina are not that great, and i think it very likely that this 2* property would not be located in on the boardwalk or marina, i'd think twice about staying in a 2* hotel in Atlantic City... what is the purpose of this trip?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Hi, really appreciate your response...

There is no specific purpose, just wanted to see the place. since we are with 7 month old kids (twins) we wont even be gambling, we would just walk around and look at all the themes etc.

We could have done a day trip, but thought it would be less stressful if we stayed a night so that we could break from time to time for the feeding etc. We have a 2.5 hour drive time to atlantic city, and mostly want to see the city at night with all the lights etc.

I know Atlantic city is not the best(or even maybe recommended) option with kids, but this trip is mostly to show my parents who are visiting for the first time..

I guess i would have to re-consider the location (or try new dates) since i dont want to go to high on the price.

Do you know what hotel that 2* hotel would be?

Congratulations on your success!

I think it was a smart choice going up in star rating. While this property is not directly on the board, it should be much nicer than a 2* hotel elsewhere in the city.

For lunch you might want to try White House Subs, which is an institution in the area (expect a line/wait regardless of what time you go):

White House Subs

2301 Arctic Ave.

Atlantic City, NJ

Thank you for sharing your win with the board.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]