Hotwire Hotel: 5*(Vent?) bed question

ArtG
By ArtG,
in

Hi all:

Wow, what great information and assistance can be found in this forum! Been lurking for a day or two and just joined in order to ask a few questions.

I'll be going to Vegas for a weekend with the guys (Thrs June 23 - Sun June 26). Based on what I've been reading here and doing some shopping on Hotwire, it seems I can get a 5* hotel for $191 - - - not bad, I think, for a summer weekend. I assume there is a 95 - 99% probability this is the Venetian since that is the only 5* hotel on the Hotwire list found on this board, but I also understand that could be another high-end hotel.

My question is has anyone had trouble getting a two bed setup at the hotel using Hotwire?

Art welcome to Betterbidding. Every room at the Venetian has a pullout sofa and they usualy want $30 per night extra if you want two beds instead of a king. Some people have got the upgrade for nothing but not many.

Welcome to BetterBidding!

You may also (likely) do better by splitting the stay on Priceline and bidding for Thursday on it's own and then buying Friday and Saturday together. Doing so you run a very slight risk of having to change hotels if you win a different one on each nite of your stay, but i think the chances are extremely low, but you should at least be awere that the possibility exists.

If you'd like to go that route we'll help supply a bidding strategy, and i would bid it in a particular order, so let us know before bidding.

If you go with the above offer please use this HOTWIRE link to begin your purchase.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks for the quick responses. If I do go with Priceline and split the bid and get the Vent for the entire stay, how do I handle check-in at the front desk? Do we do this all at once on the first day or do we have to check-out on Friday and then check back in again later in the day.

Also, and I'm just asking for a ballpark figure, how much do you think we could save going Priceline over Hotwire per night?

Thanks so much. And I'll certainly use the link you provided should we decide to go with Hotwire. (And I'll also ask for help with a bidding strategy with Priceline if we do that.) :)

I went to Vegas last year with three guy friends and booked a room at the Aladdin for two. Me and a friend checked in, and they tried to give us a King room. I said I didn't want to share a bed with my firend and the front desk person said no problem and gave us a room with two beds and two room keys for no additional charge. There are so many people staying in Vegas hotels, they cant tell who belongs to what room.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]