Priceline Hotel: nyc 05/19-05/24

mmethvin
By mmethvin,
in

Your $90 bids were not realistic... not so sure you're going to find success in those two zones either for $150, but this is what i would try....

You have two re-bid zones when bidding 4* in NYC, if you're not familiar with re-bidding please read PRICELINE RE-BIDDING EXPLAINED and ask any questions you may have and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board.

Select 4* MTE...

Bid $120, if rejected add re-bid zone1 and...

Bid $125, if rejected clsoe browser and re-access priceline however you did previoulsy....

Select 4* MTE and re-bid zone2...

Bid $130, if rejected add re-bdi zone 1...

Bid $135, if rejected clsoe browser and re-access priceline however you did previoulsy....

Select 4* MTS...

Bid $120, if rejected add re-bid zone1 and...

Bid $125, if rejected clsoe browser and re-access priceline however you did previoulsy....

Select 4* MTS and re-bid zone2...

Bid $130, if rejected add re-bdi zone 1...

Bid $135, if rejected clsoe browser and re-access priceline however you did previoulsy....

Select 4* MTE and MTS...

Bid $140, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $145, if rejected add re-bid zone2...

Bid $150.

Good Luck and feel free to ask any questions that you may.

Let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I commented above that based upon current rates i wasn't sure $150 will be enough. Will prices come down closer to check-in?

Nobody knows. Current rates are based upon the hotel's expected occupancy level; if the hotel begins to book rooms quicker than expected rates will likely rise and hotels could even pull some 'opaque inventory'... if booking are softer than expected then rates will likely soften as well, including those of the opaque services. There is no set formula for rates increasing or decreasing in the future, it is all (mostly) dependent upon actual demand vs. expected demand and how that relationship plays out.

If you choose to wait i would book a cancellable back-up. With back-up reservations there are two ways you can usually go: 1) book a cheap hotel of a lower star quality than you really want, or 2) book the star quality that you want at a higher price. If you let us know which way you'd like go to we'll try to help you choose a back-up reservation. (if it's option #2 i'd recommended a 1BR suite at THE BEEKMAN for $193/nite where the REVIEWS are great).

Let us know your thoughts.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Times Square - Theatre District (Midtown) - See map

Customer Favorite! Read reviews

Selected amenities include: Restaurant(s), Pool(s), Fitness Center, Business Center. View complete amenity list and description

Ref No. 6381062207

$211 per room

per night

this is straight copied and pasted from hotwire --- i think it is le parker meridian

Just a general bit of information about the weekend of the 21st and 22nd May. There is a U2 concert in New York (at Madison SQ Gardens) on the 21st. This may be why it's difficult to get hotels at "reasonable" prices .....?

(we did try for tickets but any decent seat was priced at around $1500 to $3000!!!)

I don't know if you will have trouble finding a room or not, but i do think you should have a back-up reservation as one day inventory can dry right up on you. You also need to have a clear idea of what it is you are looking for...

You started this thread with $90 bids (which were not realistic) and then set a maximum bid of $150. You've since bid as high as $185 and been rejected and are now asking about $200+ hotels... in the meanwhile you haven't even commented on our suggest of THE BEEKMAN, which gets great reviews and is cancellable which enables you to continue to try other services in an attempt to do better.

OK, i'll try one more time....

What is wrong with THE BEEKMAN TOWER?

It seems to fit the bill, currently is the best value we can find for these dates (especially since it's for a 1BR suite), and the reviews speak for themselves.

If you tell us what it is about this property/deal that you don't like maybe we can understand your needs a bit better and help you find what you are looking for.

Booked a back-up hotel at quickbook.com. You can cancel up to 4 days before and pay when you stay. Got the Millennium hotel NY UN Plaza for 199.00 a night. best rate i could fine. hotel has received good reviews. will keep bidding priceline for a better deal. thanks for all you guys help

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$10 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: SAVEMORE

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $100+ purchase... expires 05/19/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]