Using hotel membership with Priceline

oldmantravel
By oldmantravel,
in

According to the priceline.com terms of service, reservations made through priceline cannot count towards hotel rewards programs. It's just part of the deal when you get that big honking discount on your stay.

However, I've found that the hotel staff are frequently happy to add my hotel membership number if I ask them directly. I usually approach it by asking them to check whether my hotel membership number is associated with my stay. If it isn't, I ask politely if they can add it and many times they will. I'm not sure if this is because their front desk staff are not trained properly or because they're doing me a favor but it makes me a happier customer as a result.

I think the best time to do this is during peak traffic hours for check in/check out since the hotel staff are less prone to go the extra mile and check my reservation source.

Occasionally, I will get rejected but usually I just ask again when someone else is working the desk and there's no problem.

Hope this helps,

The Old Man

This has been discussed numerous times before on the board.

PRICELINE / HOTWIRE stays usually don't receive stay credit but you can often get credit for any incidentals charged during your stay (internet, restaurant, movies, etc)... but ultimately it's a "your mileage may vary" as each chain has their own policies and there is also variation at locations within the same chain.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]