Priceline Hotel: 2.5* Chicago (Skokie -Niles- Evanston) Holiday Inn

Devila_C
By Devila_C,
in

Hi all,

I am looking for a hotel for 5 nights in May. I need to find a parking spot so I started bidding for skokie-evanston areas, and perhaps for lincoln park-lakeview. Should I also look for downtown spots?

I was wondering what should my bids be? I've been bidding around 25-30 dollars, and turned up nothing. I'm not looking for a high class place, so any star class will do. Thanks!

Welcome to BetterBidding!

We'll need to know the actual dates of your stay, as rates will likely be quite different for any 5 days of the month.

You're best bet is to try to do a little research on the different zones and figure out which ones you'd be happy with, as we'll then be able to help you develop a strategy to bid. You also didn't say what star ratings you were bidding for, but my guess is that $25-$30 is a bit on the low side.

Let us know the above info and we'll try to help you be successful in your bids.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Why should i not bid on a 1 star hotel? I didnt see any warnings on the board :)

I've tried bidding around 25-30 for all hotels in skokie-evanston-niles, lincoln park, NMA, river north, and the loop. They've all been rejected..

I started out with skokie evanston niles, and rebid and added lincoln park, than the other areas, but to no avail. Any suggestions?

I live in this area and wracked my brain trying to think of a 1 star hotel/motel around here. The Motel 6's and the like really have little presence here - check an online yellow page site and search for motels in and around Skokie, for instance, and almost everything that comes up is in the Holiday Inn/Best Western type category. Priceline suggests the following could be 1 stars: Rodeway Inns, EconoLodge, Super 8, Sleep Inn, Red Roof Inn - and there are none of them in Skokie/Evanston area. So I'm surprised that there even is 1 star bidding for this area - there may be only one hotel that is available.

Come to think of it, does Priceline ever not show 1 stars for an area? Maybe everybody just gets "upgraded" to 2+ stars, when they finally bid enough?

There are no warnings on the board about 1* hotels, but consider yourself forewarned.

We'll need to know your maximum bid in order to suggest a strategy. If $30 is your maximum then there's not much to do except wait it out since you've already recently been rejected at those levels.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thank you for sharing your win/results. Glad you ultimately found success, although somewhat higher than you originally planned.

Is this indeed rated 1* by priceline or were you upgraded (as many often are when bidding 1 star) to a 2* property? If you were upgraded it would say so on your bid confirmation screen. Please let us know so that we can accurately update our hotel lists and the title of this thread.

Good Luck with the parking situation (hopefully this hotel has free parking) and enjoy your stay. Thanks in advance for the star rating info.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]