Priceline Hotel: 3.5* Newark (Airport EWR) Marriott

echiu
By echiu,
in

Hi!

I used the PRICELINE link that you provide to bid for 4-night hotel in Newark (Nov 4 to Nov 8).

Originally aim at Jersey City for the easy access to NYC, but no luck. (Tried bidding up to $130/night, 4*)

So decide to stay in the airport area (despite the inconvinience to NYC) for budgetary reasons.

First bid $80/night, 3.5* Newark-->denied

Second bid $85/night, 3.5* Newark and Jersey city--> accepted

Marriott Newark Liberty International Airport 3

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Congratulations on your success and thank you for sharing your results with the board.

You'll should have no problems with safety at this hotel, but you'll also have no reason to walk outside of the hotel either. If you go MAPS and HOTELS.com and enter 'Airport EWR' into the search box you'll see that this hotel is located on the grounds of Newark Airport (but not in a terminal so you'll still need to take a shuttle to get to the actual airport for transportation into NYC). It's surrounded by highways to enter/exit the airport so nothing in the immediate area you'll be able to walk to.

Your options to get to Manhattan vary based upon cost/efficiency...

Cheapest - get to the airport terminal and take NJ Transit bus (cheap ~$2)) or train (more expensive ~$7) to Newark Penn Station to the PATH train (~$1.75) to Manhattan. Travel time: 1+ hour

Moderate - get to the airport terminal and take the bus to Port Authority (42nd St and Eight Ave, Manhattan) or Grand Central Terminal (42nd St and Lexington) for $13/ow. Travel time: varies depending upon traffic... no traffic = 30 minutes ... heavy traffic = 1+ hour

Moderate - take a taxi from Marriott to Newark Penn Station ($15-$18) then PATH ($1.75) into Manhattan. Time: ~45 minutes

Expensive - taxi to Hoboken ($45) and then PATH ($1.75) to Manhattan

Thank you for sharing your win and using the PRICELINE links on the board to begin your bidding.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Hi!

Thanks for your reply!

>Moderate - get to the airport terminal and take the bus to Port Authority (42nd St and Eight Ave, Manhattan) or Grand Central Terminal (42nd St and Lexington) for $13/ow. Travel time: varies depending upon traffic... no traffic = 30 minutes ... heavy traffic = 1+ hour

What about taking the NJ transit from airport terminal to the NY Penn station? Is that advisable? and it is safe for solo travelling after night (i.e. 9pm)?

Thank you very much for your response

What about taking the NJ transit from airport terminal to the NY Penn station? Is that advisable? and it is safe for solo travelling after night (i.e. 9pm)?

For me this is the same as #1 (although my mistake not mentioned explicitly) as the train take the same route, but i usually transfer to the PATH to Hoboken. However, none of the trips are as easy as implied on the websites (imo), as you'll need to take the airport shuttle to the terminal, airtrain to the airport station, then NJ Transit train to Penn Station.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]