Need 3 rooms - better to bid together or separate

alliwini
By alliwini,
in

Hi! I need to book three rooms in Chicago for some relatives for the weekend of October 15. Apparently the published rates are skyrocketing (some are sold out), so I've convinced them that the time has come to give priceline a try.

I've only ever bid on one room at a time. I think the group would be willing to stay in separate hotels if necessary, as long as they are in the same zone. If you were doing this, would you start out bidding for 3 rooms at once? If I'm unsuccessful after working through my re-bids, would you then try for individual rooms? Or is there good reason under the circumstances to bid for rooms one at a time?

Are you looking for 10/15-17?

HOTWIRE is showing rates of $350+ for downtown properties (the Best Western Grant Park is $550 regular rate); unfortunately, I think you would be looking at very steep PRICELINE rates, although given the rates and availability I'm seeing, there may be very limited inventory.

I wouldn't recommend splitting up the group; additionally, if you're driving, the suburbs are going to be vastly cheaper. In terms of downtown, I think you are unfortunately looking at rates at least in the mid-200's, if PRICELINE does have any inventory.

What would be your desired budget per room/per night?

Thank you for using the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]