PIT airport car rental

drizz1129
By drizz1129,
in

Flying home for xmas and want to get a rental car. I am flying out on the following wednesday at 3:30pm so I will need the car that day. When I put in my specific times, Princline says I can't use their bidding. If I say I am returning the car the next day by noon though, it lets me book. Will I have any trouble returning the car on that wednesday if I said I was goin to return it thursday morning?

Thanks for any help!

When I put in my specific times, Princline says I can't use their bidding. If I say I am returning the car the next day by noon though, it lets me book.

I'm having no problem being allowed to bid 12/25 (noon) -12/29 (3:30pm)... are you sure you had the same airport selected for pick-up and return?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

This is for the same trip so I am trying to keep in the same thread... feel free to move it if you need to.

I am now looking at HOTWIRE for my dates.. 12/25 and 12/26 have cars for about 15 a day... but 12/27 and 12/28 are double that.... is there a way to make a reservation for all 4 days but get the cheaper price for the first too? I know I could make two reservations... but I don't really want to drive all the way out to the airport to exchange the cars... Any advice/experience?

You're seeing the difference between weekend and midweek pricing... in business areas it's not uncommon to see midweek rates 2x or 3x the price of weekends. The 4 day rental does appear to be close to the average of the two rates so not too bad... how does that compare to direct car rental rates?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I wouldn't expect these dates to be too busy with business travel and it may just be too early for car rental companies to be discounting their rates at this location.

I'd book a fully cancellable rate directly thru one of the rental companies (to protect yourself from rates rising from here) and continue to bid PRICELINE / search HOTWIRE to see if you can do better as you get closer to your trip.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases. (we also have links to many car rental companies in the support page)

Good luck and keep us updated as well as what you ultimately decide to do for a rental this trip.

• 1 month later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]