Priceline Hotel: Venetian -- Help with Requesting # of Beds

joeman
By joeman,
in

I am planning a trip to Vegas with some friends on 6/10 - 6/14, and was thinking about bidding for a 5* hotel on the strip (The Venetian) for the 6/12 - 6/14 portion of the stay. We would like to get non-smoking rooms that have 2 Queen beds and I was wondering what the "default" (if there is one) room configuration (2 Queens, N/S; 1 King, Smoking; etc.) is for rooms booked through Priceline. Also, if I wanted to request a certain room type, what would be the best way to do so, and will they honor such a request? Would it help any if I sumbitted a written request on the back of a $20 dollar bill upon check-in? :) Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Note to Mods -- I wasn't sure where to post this thread. Feel free to relocate it to a better spot, if necessary.

Venetian rooms are typically booked with 1 King bed and there is an additional charge for two beds.

Tipping is perfectly acceptable in Vegas and done all the time, but i think writing a note on the back of a $20 is a bit cheesy... then again, it is Vegas :)

Let us know if you need help with a bidding strategy.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks for the info. As a follow-up, do you know what the charge is? And should I call to request this as soon as I secure a winning bid, or should this be arranged at check-in?

As for the strategy, I think I have found plenty of good info from the other posts here. I've already checked Hotwire for those dates, and they listed a 5* for $137, so I figure I will start bidding a little below $99, and increment up to $135 or so. Also, I've got to run the details by the other folks in my party to see if that's what the group wants to do. If we decide to go this route I will probably bid sometime next week. Thanks for all your help, and I will post my results here if/when I get the rooms.

I note that the Hotwire rate you list is for 2 people. I got $135 when I input it but if you say the room is for 2a + 2 kids then you get a rate of $181 which is additional $23 per night for 2 kids. I think that I read somewhere that you are charged $15 per extra person so it actually would be better to go down Hotwire route then you would know you had the right beds. Of course, if you think that you can get off with it then that's the risk you take! I am in a similar dilemma but I have already booked through priceline at the low rate and have emailed my room request through but happy to pay the extra when I get there if that's what I have to do. I can't believe the price I got. This board is soooo good. Thanks to you are out there.

I think it would probably be in-line with their 'extra person' charge so an extra $15/per person per nite.

Even if only 2 people and you want 2 beds (in a scenario where they two guests are not romantially linked and therefore don't want to share a bed) i think they'd assume there was a 3rd person and therefore charge an extra $15/per nite... if you tell them that you need 2 beds due to their being 4 people then they'll probably charge you an extra $30/nite.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks for the information. After thinking about it and talking it over with my friends (and factoring in $30 extra per room, per night), I think we are going to decide against bidding for the Venetian. It looks like the Monte Carlo (I know it's not 5*, but I hear it is nice) has some good rates on their website for these days ($69 -$79). Thanks again for all your help.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]