Priceline Hotel: 4* Hollywood area

china88
By china88,
in

Hi there, I'm new to this.. Could someone advise if they knew which hotels they think these are??

Oct. 6th to Oct. 11th..

4* $159.00 (after reading other threads, I think this may be the Roosevelt?????)

Bed choice

fitness center

pool

Restaurants

business center

high speed internet

3* $63.50

smoke free rooms

complimentary breakfast

laundry facilities

fitness center

high speed internet

2.5* $91.95

complimentary breakfast

high speed internet

2* $65.00

complimentary breakfast

pool

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Please try to first determine what you're needs are for this stay before asking for an ID of every hotel offered in a given zone... do you usually stay in 2* properties or higher rated 4* properties? Is your budget $65/nite or nearly $100 more at $159/nite?

With the above noted, the 2.5* and 3* properties are not 'opaque'. If you click this link to HOTWIRE and run your search again, you'll see that if you click the CONTINUE button next to the 2.5* and 3* offerings you'll see the name of the hotel on the subsequent page. The 3* is the Hollywood Hotel - The Hotel Of Hollywood while the 2.5* is the Comfort Inn and Suites Hollywood.

Are either of these of interest? If not, is a 2* hotel at $65 or a 4* at $159 more suited to your needs for this trip?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

So i'm looking for a 4* hotel in Hollywood from Oct. 6th to Oct. 11th..

Started with

4*- Hollywood at $105 - rejected

added - Redondo at $110 - rejected

added - Lawndale at $115 - rejected

added - Culver city at $120. - rejected..

I'll try again tomorrow starting at $120, unless someone has another suggestion????

i"ve been bidding for the last week but with neg results. I would start my bid at $135.00 for a 4* hotel in Hollywood and my last re-bid was $150.00 but all bids were rejected. Today, I even shortened my dates to Oct. 8th to Oct. 11 and my bid of $150.00 was rejected as well

On Hotwire, the prices is now $163.00 for 4* in Hollywood for same dates...

Any advice other then just bidding on hotwire for $163.00

Thanks

If you have been rejected on PRICELINE up to $150 for these dates in Hollywood and there's a 4* for $163 in the zone on HOTWIRE, you could try $155 on PRICELINE, $160 and then if that's not accepted grab the HOTWIRE listing, or just $155 and then nab it if that doesn't work. A bit surprising that no bids have been accepted.

Thank you for using the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

Even though you're very close to the HOTWIRE rate I think your PRICELINE bids may be failing as there are multiple rate changes over the course of these dates... is SPLITTING YOUR PRICELINE BID an option?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Hi there, last night, I put in a bid for the weekend only from Oct. 8th to Oct. 11 at $150.00 but it was rejected. I already have another hotel for the duration of my trip (Oct 6-11) but it is a 2* so would like to spend the weekend at the 4* if possible...

When I check online through Expedia and PL, the Renaissance for this complete duration is $209.00 each day with no higher rate on the weekend... Not sure if this makes a difference... The Roosevelt and W are quite abit higher in price. Would love to stay at either the Renaissance or W if possible but when I read through the threads, it is very rare that Renaissance is with Hotwire but I've seen this hotel with PL.

Any idea on what the Hotwire 4* hotel is...

amemities

fitness center, pool, restaurant, business center and high speed internet. 80% recommended by hotwire customer reviews

I'll wait til tonight to re-bid again and hopefully i'll be successful. I'll let you know...

LMK if you have any other suggestions...

thanks

Best guess for the Restaurant, Pool, Fitness, Hi-Speed Internet, Business HOTWIRE hotel is the Roosevelt.

There is often little correlation between the hotel with the lowest retail price and the one you will necessarily win on PRICELINE / HOTWIRE, so i would exclude the others simply because their direct rate is higher then the Renaissance.

By splitting your stay i saw an opportunity last nite for what i believed to be the W Hotel for the first 2 nites of your stay for $149/nite and then what i think is the Roosevelt for $162/nite. Any interest in this?

thanks for the info thereuare..

So what you are saying is for the weekend of Oct. 8th to the 11th?? To split these dates up??? If this is the case, I would prefer not to do this since that would mean that I would be staying at 3 different hotels in the same area... I don't mind the first 2 nights (Oct 6-7), I will stay at the hotel that I booked previously, and then try to get something a little better for the last 3 nights if possible.. if not then I would just stay at the hotel that I booked my 5 nights with...

If this is not what you meant, then lmk..

I will try again to bid on just the weekend and see what happens..

Your complete stay in this area is from 10/6-10/11, correct?

What i'm suggesting as an option is to stay at one hotel from 10/6-10/9 for $149/nite and then another hotel from 10/9-10/11 for $162/nite.

Would this be an option?

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]