Priceline Hotel: Resort Oahu (Waikiki Beach) Sheraton Waikiki

Westerner
By Westerner,
in

Many hotels in Hawaii do charge resort fees, which are payable at the hotel. HOTWIRE does show an estimate of what the resort fee may be, PRICELINE does not. Both services are "opaque" services, and extra details like a specific resort fee may provide a further hint as to what the hotel may be.

If you would like assistance with your stay, please provide the exact dates of travel, desired budget and which areas/star ratings you would be interested in.

Thank you for using the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

Thank you for the reply AaronJB.

If a property's resort fee includes "self parking", does that mean there is no extra parking charge (it is included in the resort fee)?

I am in need of a Hotel from March 15 - 22, 2011 (2 people travelling). I am looking for a four star in the Waikiki Beach zone (lowest price). I see that last March (2010) the Hilton could be had for about $87-$94. It seems as though the winning bids have gone up to $100 +. My last bid was $96 which failed. I know about using multiple bids (ran out after 5). Any tips/advice are welcome.

Thanks

My maximum bid thus far is $96. I will raise it from there.

What I would like to know is do the lowest rates accepted (currently around $105-$115) change from day to day, week to week, or month to month? I'm wondering if I should keep trying above $96 now or wait a while (if so, then how long) before trying lower bids again?

Thanks

Hotels can raise/lower their prices at any time... it's all based upon hotel occupancy levels for the date(s) of your stay. How many reservations the hotel feels it should have on the books at this point in time for these dates vs. how many they do have... if they're at lower occupancy then they feel they should be they'll offer the appropriate discounted rate to the opaque suppliers... if they have more reservations on the books then expected, they'll raise the opaque rate and/or pull inventory entirely.

For additional info see the 'bid early or close to check-in' link in our PRICELINE FAQ.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I don't think there is much of a 'debate' about it... every situation is different. We have seen users:

• wait and score a great deal which was previously not avaialble
  • wait and then be priced out of the market because rates had gone up
  • purchase a hotel very earlier and as the date drew closer see most hotels in the area sold-out

As i posted in the thread i referenced earlier... you need to do some research and gather some knowledge to know what a good deal is for the timeframe you're looking for, then be prepared to take advantage of it if/when it becomes available.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]