Priceline Hotel: 3.5-4* Downton Providence - Need bidding assistance

GoBoSox
By GoBoSox,
in

Good afternoon -

I am trying to book a 3.5*+ in Downtown Providence for Sat 10/22- Sun 10/24. I see other folks on this board getting prices down in the 50-65 range, yet I am striking out. I tried rebidding and went all the way up to $84 which was at VERY top of what I wanted to pay, but I still didn't get it. Any suggestions on my approach?

Thanks!

Welcome to BetterBidding!

It's homecoming at University of Rhode Island... many hotels are sold-out and most others i see are priced at $200+ per nite. With high demand there is little reason for area hotels to offer deep discounts, instead trying to sell whatever rooms they have left on their own at full price.

Do you need to stay Downtown... could you settle on an alternate location such as the airport?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I was hoping to stay Downtown, though I would consider near the airport. I am going to a concert that night downtown, so if I start to consider transportation costs to/from a hotel outside of an area walkable, it may not make sense to go to a different area for a cheaper hotel but end up eating the cost in taxi fees.

Thanks for your help thus far!

I just think you're going to have a very difficult time finding something that is reasonably priced downtown. This isn't a PRICELINE issue... it's a supply/demand issue.

There is an event creating very high demand for hotel rooms and thus rates are high. You can look elsewhere but my guess is that your best deal with be ~$200 +/- for a 3.5*/4* hotel, and with rates that high on a high demand weekend, bids of ~$100 just don't seem realistic.

If you find the best deal you can at an acceptable hotel, then at least you can choose a realistic bid amount, which if rejected you can then book the alternate... but looking elsewhere expecting to find a deal in the sub-$100 range downtown doesn't seem likely.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]